26: Comfort Cuddles

Elenor Ann-Marie Denley died at 10:31 a.m. on January 13th, 2018.

I was there, holding her hand and talking to her, when she finally passed and left this world. This fact left me scarred and stunned, and all I wanted to do after this happened was lay in bed all day in silent, mourning the loss of my mother.

We had sent her body off to be cremated, just as she had asked before the died, and they told us that we would have her ashes by the last day that Alex and I would be in Florida. We planned to have a mini funeral with just the family members that are here currently, and spread her ashes outside in our back yard in her beloved garden. My mother requested that we do this when she died, because her garden was her most prized possession and favorite thing ever, and she wanted to stay with it even when she was dead.

So now, the day after the died, I lay in bed with Alex, just silently spooning with him, too sad and tired to say anything.

Alex did his best to comfort me and hold me close to him since she passed, and he did do a very good job at it. However, there isn't much you can do when someone looses someone that close to them besides let them carry out their grieving process.

Mine, however, was just wanting to be held close, crying every once in a while, and eating to cover up my feelings. Currently I was just laying with Alex with a bag of chips in front of me in my reach, putting a few chips into my mouth every once in a while.

We have been cuddling together since we came home yesterday, not leaving each other once. We fell asleep in each other's arms and woke up still tangled together.

As I lay down with my back pressed against Alex's chest and his arms wrapped around me, holding close, I finally decide to break the hours long silence.

"My mom thinks-thought- that we are going to get married," I tell him, my voice coming out sounding deep and tired.

"Really?" Alex mumbles into my hair.

"Yeah. Do think so too? That we're going to get married?" I ask him, not caring if the answer wasn't the one that I wanted. I was already sad enough as it was, and one more thing to make me upset wouldn't do much more.

"Yes, definitely. I sure hope so, because you're the first girl I've been in a serious relationship with since high school and by far the best relationship I've ever been in," Alex tells me, and I can hear the confidence in his voice. My heart jumps at his words, and I feel happiness run throughout all the veins in my body for the first time since before my mom died.

"Really?" I ask, turning around to face him.

Alex nods and smiles.

"Do you think so?" He asks me, his hands drawing shapes up and down my back.

"Yes, I really think so," I tell him and smile back.

Alex's grin widens at this, pressing a delicate kiss to my nose.

"She also thought that we are going to have kids together. Do you think so too?" I ask him, my hand moving from being limp at my side to holding Alex's torso closer to me.

Alex nods. "Of course."

"How many?" I ask, smiling.

"Four or five," he answers with no hesitation.

"What are you trying to have? A basketball team?" I giggle.

Alex laughs a little at this.

"I just think that we'd made some beautiful babies and we should have a lot of tiny Alex's and Kota's running around the world someday," Alex says.