45: Making Up and the Twins

When I wake up, Todd's not in his room anymore and the time tells me I've missed dinner.

After I talked to Todd about what happened and cried to him, I became very sleepy since I was so emotionally exhausted. So, Todd let me sleep in his bed, leaving me where I am now.

I yawn and get up off of Todd's bed, deciding to go take a shower in attempt to calm myself down a little and wash all of the thoughts and emotions off of me.

I rub my eyes as I make my way to the door and open it, only to reveal a heart wrenching noise, someone crying. I immediately drop my plans to go shower and walk down the hall, following the sound of the cries.

I end up in front of Alex and I's room when I figure out the place that the crying was coming from, and my heart immediately drops.

Alex is crying. And he didn't even go to dinner with everyone else. I knock on the door a couple times, and listen as the crying comes to a slow, choking stop.

I hear Alex's footsteps come towards the door and unlock it, before it opens and I'm met face to face with him. I take in his appearance as he stands in front of me, obviously a wreck.

I look at him, his disheveled hair, puffy, red eyes, tear stained cheeks, wet eyelashes, and quivering lip.

Forgetting everything that happened between us, I wrap my arms around him and pull him into me. I immediately feel his body soften and hug me back, both of us crying together now.

I nuzzle my head into his shoulder and hold him close to me, feeling horrible about what happened.

After a while of just holding each other and crying, we finally pull away and look into each other's eyes.

"I'm so sorry," I croak, reaching for his hand.

"Why are you sorry? I'm the one that was an idiot. I should've trusted you and believed you when you told me I was wrong," Alex says, squeezing my hand.

"I shouldn't have acted that way with Todd. I totally see why you thought that. I promise nothing like that will ever happen again," I tell him, shaking my head.

"No, you don't have to. I love you and I trust you, so I shouldn't tell you how you should act with your friends," Alex tells me.

"It's okay, Alex. I'm so sorry this happened. I missed you so much and I felt so horrible being on bad terms with you," I say, pulling him in for another hug.

"So did I. I'm so sorry, Kota," Alex says, putting his head in my shoulder.

L A T E R

After Alex and I made up last night, we watched a movie together and ended up getting a good nights sleep for our road trip the next morning. We left early for the twins house this morning, and reached there at 10, which is where we are now.

I hold Alex's hand tightly in mine as we walk up to the front door of my brothers home, and ring the doorbell.

A few seconds after we ring the bell, the door opens to reveal Dennis's face.

"Girls! It's for you!" He yells back into the house, smiling.

While we wait for them, Dennis pulls me into a hug and gives Alex a firm handshake.

Soon, the twins come running into the room, and their faces light up as soon as they see us.

"Alex! Auntie!" They squeal, engulfing is in a group hug, making us laugh.

"Did you miss us?" I ask them when they release us.

"Yes we did!" Tayler says.

"We didn't even know you were coming!" Gracie exclaims.

"It was a surprise! Are you guys happy with your surprise?" I ask them, and they enthusiastically nod.

"We were just about to have a princess tea party, you guys can join us!" Tayler informs us, and Alex and I give each other a look as they grab our hands and lead us into their playroom.

Eventually, I'm shoved into a princess dress and Alex gets put into a tutu and a tiara. I laugh at Alex as I see the small tutu squeezing his body tight, and the tiny tiara balanced delicately on his hair. He sends me a glare as I continue to giggle at him, as we're both sat down at a tiny table for tea.

"Princess Dakota and Prince Alex, this is Sir Jack Rabbit, Madam Fishy, Queen Coco, and King Lizzy," Gracie says, introducing us to their bunny, fish, koala, and lizard stuffed animals sat at the table with us.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you all," I say, curtsying in my seat, and Alex pretends to shake all of their hands (or paws, should I say).

"Would you like some tea, Princess Dakota?" Tayler asks me, holding up a tea kettle.

"Yes I would, Princess Tayler," I say, lifting up my tiny cup to her. She pretends to pour the tea into my cup, and I lift my pinky and take a sip.

"This tea is delightful, thank you," I smile, putting my cup down.

"What about you, Prince Alex?" Tayler asks.

"Of course," Alex says, holding his cup up for Tayler to 'pour' the tea.

I giggle as I watch Alex lift his pinky and pretend to take a sip.

"Delicious," He says, setting down his cup.

"So how is your kingdom, Princess Dakota?" Gracie asks me.

"Oh, it's wonderful, Princess Gracie. Soon I'm going to be a queen and I'll get to rule everyone! I'll make everyone have mandatory tea parties everyday and everyone will get a free puppy," I tell her, and she nods, liking my idea.

"Will Prince Alex be your king?" Tayler asks me, now curious.

"Yes, of course, but I'll be the main ruler obviously. I'll make all the decisions and he'll only be able to give me input," I say, and Alex gives me a look when I say this.

"I want to live in your guys' kingdom," Tayler says.

"You'll always be welcome in our kingdom. You both can even have your own rooms in our castle," Alex tells them.

"Girls! Lunch!" Dennis yells from the other room.

"Well, I guess we've gotta clean up the tea party now," Gracie sighs.

"It's alright, you two go in the kitchen and wait for us, we'll clean it up," I assure them, and they happily skip out of the room.

"It's so cute the way that you get along so well with the twins," I tell Alex once they're out of the room. "And you look pretty cute in a tutu."

"Thanks, I think I'm going to wear it all of the time now," Alex smirks, waking over to me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

I giggle at this, and stand up and kiss him for a few brief seconds, before pulling away.

"Now let's get this tea party cleaned up, you won't want to miss Dennis's cooking. He's where I learned to cook from, and I can assure you he's the best."