20 ; misery

After that, well... that's it... Me and Connor are finally together now. I mean, he confessed that he loved me didn't he? So I guess that automatically makes us together now.

After the carnival trip, we decided to stop by again. This time, at a diner. We just stopped by to get a drink, and we'll be on our way home after.

I sat down at the chair and Connor did the same, but in front of me. The waiter listed our orders and walked away.

There was a peaceful silence between us, because we both knew that we had fun. "(Y/N), did you enjoy our date?" Connor asked.

"Of course I did!" I replied cheerfully. "I just feel exhausted." I continued.

The bell of the door rang, signaling that the door had opened. I met two familiar faces, of course. It was them whom I were overthinking about earlier. Luke and Claudia.

They looked around, and Claudia spotted us. She waved at us and I did the same which caused Connor to look at them. Both of them walked to us, and Connor sat down beside me.

"Hey (y/n), Connor!" Claudia said. "What are you both doing here?" Claudia asked as she and Luke sat down at the seats in front of us.

"We just finished our date." I replied and chuckled.

"How about the both of you? I thought you split? Or not?" I asked, it was enough to make the situation awkward. Great.

Claudia seems to shook it off. "Oh no no no, not a 'date' date, it's just a friendly date." Claudia replied. I noticed that Claudia was wearing such a beautiful bracelet on her wrist. It has star charms on it. Luke probably gave it to her.

I turned to Connor. He was giving Luke a slight death stare and Luke seems to be weirded out by this. "Oh! Connor! Have you met Luke? He's also a worker at Starbucks!" I introduced Luke.

"I met him already." Connor said quietly.

"You did?" I asked.

"Yes. I saw you walking with him the other day." Connor replied. I held his hand from under the table, which made him calm.

"Oh no (y/n)! Connor is jealous!" Claudia chuckled.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Whatever." I replied.

; oof the next day because nothing really happened...

After the date night, everything went normal. I slept as soon as possible after we got home. Of course, I gave Connor a little goodnight kiss. He just blushed and I ran to my room afterwards. A smile glued to my face remembering the words he had said to me yesterday. He is so sweet.

At first, I hated him. I hated his actions, I hated his vocabulary, and I hated his coin calibration trick although I think it is pretty amazing. But now, I love him. I love him to death. I can't think of a scenario where he's gone in my life, but I hope that doesn't happen.

Anyways, enough sweet talking. I'll be riding with dad and Connor today, since they got another case to handle.

; connor's pov

We had arrived at the Starbucks where (y/n) had worked at, so apparently, she had to leave.

"Bye dad!" (Y/n) said, and she turned to me. "Bye Connor." She said.

"Goodbye (y/n)." I replied. She gave me a quick peck on the cheeks.

Lieutenant was looking at the mirror, "Arggh! Keep it family friendly in here!" He said but smiled afterwards.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes, and turned to open the door, "Take care!" She said as she walked in to the café. I watched her as she did. Well, not in a creepy way!

Lieutenant cleared his throat, and I looked at him through the mirror, "Lieutenant, a quick kiss on cheek is still considered family friendly. I thought you might know." I told him.

"Yeah yeah, about the case today. What happened?" Lieutenant asked.

"Apparently, an android serial killer alias Misery had killed another human 3 hours ago, and they were nowhere to be found." I replied, "There were almost 5 murder weapons found, and the human is found at the bathtub of their house with several stab wounds and other unknown wounds." I continued. "This android infact killed already 7 people and still haven't caught yet. Gender, unknown." I continued. "They left a tag on the victim's arm."

"Murdered 7 people already? That's crazy." Lieutenant said while his eyes were on the road.

"I'm planning to catch this android today, and if I don't, I'll keep doing so." I said.

"Good luck with that son." Lieutenant replied as I repeat on my memory what he just said.

NU: 27