25 ; familiar

[ art : deneki ]

As I was approaching Audrey's house, I noticed that every lights in the house are closed, except for the lights to Audrey's bedroom. As I walked into the front door, opening the doorknob, I stopped.

This is a trap.

If Audrey called the police it should be here already right? But I hear not a single sound of a car or a siren, and with the Misery murders going on.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and called the police. I told them the situation and after 3 minutes, they arrived already.

The police went out of the car and went in the house. The deputy approached me. "Good morning (y/n)." He said as he sipped into his coffee.

"Morning to you too, deputy." I replied as I was standing outside the house.

"Let me get this straight, your friend called you and asked for help because someone broke into their house?" Deputy asked.

"Mhm." I replied.

"Why haven't your friend called the police sooner?" He asked and sipped into his coffee once again.

"She told me that she already called, but I figured that she haven't yet because it was taking too long." I replied.

We heard a few gunshots which caused me to almost rush into the house, but the deputy stopped me. "Let the professionals handle this." Some of the neighbors are now awake because of the loud gunshots.

I nodded and waited patiently, I hope Audrey is okay, and whoever tried to break in got caught. After a few minutes, a police man went out of the house and filled us in.

"Sir! The culprit escaped and injured a few men!" The police man told us, "We already called the ambulance and hopefully they'll arrive here already." He continued.

The deputy just nodded. "How about Audrey? Is she alright?" I asked.

"The hostage? She's fine but passed out, just a few cuts and bruises though." The police man replied, as he turned to the deputy again. "The culprit is actually Misery, the android serial killer? Rings a bell to you?" The police man asked.

"Of course you idiot!" The deputy replied.

"Um, actually, my dad and his partner are investigating about Misery." I told them.

"Good to know." The deputy said and went to the injured men.

I just stood there for a few minutes, just about to go back when I met a familiar figure. Guess who it is?

"Connor! What are you doing here?" I asked him, he was now standing beside me in front of the house.

"I heard gunshots from outside and went upstairs to make sure you're safe. You weren't there so I did a little investigation." Connor replied. "What happened?" He asked.

I told him everything that had happened, and who the culprit was.

"(Y/N)! If anything like that happens, you should tell me! What if anything happens to you? I'm not able to forgive myself just for not protecting you!" Connor scolded me.

"I'm sorry. Audrey was in danger, I had to do something." I replied. "I'm sorry." I apologized.

"Just don't do it again, please." Connor said calmly.

The deputy went out of the house, and noticed Connor was here. "Ah, the android investigator. We found a few clues that you might want to look at." The deputy said.

"Alright." Connor replied. Me and Connor went in the house, specifically Audrey's bedroom. The place was a mess, everything was everywhere. There were numbers on the floor with corresponding objects that had been found.

There were literally just weapons. How many weapons does this killer have though? Connor kneeled down to look at the clues, while I walked around to look at Audrey's things. While I did, something caught my eye. A familiar bracelet lying on top of Audrey's table.

I've seen this bracelet somewhere, and I know it's not Audrey's. I took it for some reason, and kept it in my pocket.

Connor stood up, "Nothing out of the ordinary. Just their regular weapons." Connor said to the deputy which is in the same room.

"Alright. You can both go home now. We'll take care of this." The deputy said as we made our way downstairs.

As we were walking back home, the sun started rising. "Already? I still wanted to sleep!" I exclaimed.

"You can actually, just don't go to work today." Connor replied.

"But what kind of excuse will I give them?" I asked.

"What your real excuse is, they'll understand." Connor replied.

"Alright, I just really wanna sleep already. I wanna marry my bed." I responded.

Connor raised his eyebrow, "Hey I thought you're gonna marry me! Replacing me with a bed already?" Connor exclaimed.

"Yes. I love my bed." I replied and stuck out my tongue at him.

"I wish I was the bed." Connor said quietly. Intended for me not to hear but I heard it.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Nothing." Connor replied.

NU: july 6