Chapter 17

Shakeya

I was helping Desire get ready. She looked so beautiful. I wish her mother and Desaundra was here to see it.

Her dress was Vera Wang and her hair, nails, and make-up was flawless. The only thing that was off was her mood.

"Des today is the day you have been waiting for, so why are you in such a shitty mood?"

She just looked at me with this uncertainty in her eyes.

"What is it Desire?"

"I don't know if I trust that Aubrey is telling me the truth. I feel it Key in my gut. He is lying." She said.

"So what the fuck do you wanna do we can go find this bitch and get the truth or you can walk down that isle."

I knew Desire so well I knew she was going to make the right choice.

Desire

I was standing there at the door with Shad about to walk down the isle.

My heart was pumping so fast. My palms were sweating and my stomach was doing flips.

"Whatever it is we will fix it." Shad said.

I just looked at my brother who had been the father figure in my life for so long and he looked at me.

We had a whole conversation without saying one word.

"You know if it ain't right big brother will handle it. We have been through the storm and we always come out good. Our family may have grown but it will always be you and me til I D.I.E." he said and kissed the top of my head.

The music started playing and Shad looked at me.

"Are we going or leaving?" He asked.

This is why I loved my brother cause he would ride for me no matter what.

"We going."

Out the doors we went and down the path for me to marry the man I knew was lying, but I was gonna ride or die for him.