Chapter 20

Desire

The house that Shakeya had us in was beautiful. It was on the beach. I loved it I had bathe the kids and put them to bed.

They were exhausted. I let my father, Lexi, and Shakeya know that we had made it here.

Aubrey hadn't noticed we were missing yet. He was going to loose it when he did.

I just couldn't deal right now. I just said I do cause I felt like I needed to protect my family.

As I thought about everything Aubrey has not protected us. Why should I keep protecting him?

Why should I keep dealing with the bullshit?

Does he even really love me?

All these questions ran through my mind.

Aubrey

After I talked to my mother I entertained the guest. I was looking around for Desire and couldn't find her.

My girls weren't running around. I hadn't even seen anyone holding my son.

What the fuck was going on?

I saw Shakeya and Lexi whispering.

When I started heading towards them they split and went in opposite directions.

I just went after Lexi cause I didn't want to argue with Shakeya.

"Lexi!" I called out to her.

She turned around looking like she wasn't trying to answer any questions.

"Where is my wife and my kids I haven't seen them?"

She just gave me this funny look. "I don't know saw them earlier. Maybe she is upstairs." She said and walked away.

I went in the house and to our bedroom.

Clothes were thrown around. I looked in the kids room and it looked the same.

My heart was racing now. I found a letter on the bed.

Dear Aubrey,

By this point you know that me and the children are gone. How long is unknown. I feel you are still lying and hiding things from me. I played my part in this but I can't be in this marriage until I know the truth about this baby that could be yours. Don't look for us we are fine.

Desire

"What the fuck!"

I just ripped up the letter and sat there. My wife and kids are gone.