Chapter 18

Desire

The yard was so beautiful. All of our friends and family was here. My dad was standing there with tears in his eyes.

I told him that I wanted him there but I felt my brother should give me away and he understood.

He was just happy to be able to see this moment.

When I made it to Aubrey I had such mixed feelings. Shad hugged me and kissed me on the forehead.

I stood there next to Aubrey trying to convince myself that we were doing the right thing.

"You look so beautiful." He said.

The preacher began the ceremony. When he asked if there is anyone who believes these two shouldn't be married speak now or forever hold your peace I expected someone to bust in but nothing happened.

I said my vows than Aubrey said his.

"Aubrey do you take Desire to be your wife?" The preacher asked.

"I do." He said with no hesitation.

"Desire so you take Aubrey to be your husband?" He asked.

I just stared at him and everything that we have been through ran through my mind.

The new information about Sophia and this son Adonis ran through my mind.

It was like I had got lost in my thoughts. Everyone was staring at me waiting for me to say I do.

Shakeya tapped me. I looked out at our friends and family.

They all looked worried.

I just stared in Aubrey's eyes to see if I could believe him. I felt like I was only doing this to make him look good.

"You ok?" He mouthed to me.

I wasn't ok. I felt like this was all wrong. Then I seen my kids and how my daughter's looked up at us.

I looked back at Aubrey "I do." I said.