Chapter 22

Desire

Aubrey facetimed me and I just handed the phone to Dasani who was awake.

"Hello Daddy!" She said smiling from ear to ear.

"Hey Daddy baby." I heard him say his voice cracking.

He was fighting back tears and so was I.

"Don't cry daddy I love you." Dasani said.

"Where is mommy baby?" He asked.

Before I could do anything I was looking at Aubrey. He had tears in his eyes.

"What?" I said with an attitude.

"Where are you? Babe please don't do this. Don't keep my kids away from me." He said.

"I am not keeping them from you. I just can't continue to stand by you when I know you are lying to me. Just be honest with me."

He just looked away from the phone. I knew he was lying for sure now.

"You can't even tell me the truth after all we been through." I said holding back my own tears.

I heard my son start to cry. I got up phone still in hand.

"Let me see him." Aubrey said.

I put the phone over him and his little face lit up seeing his father.

He was smiling and cooing. He was a happy baby.

I put the phone down so I could change him. I was about to feed him too.

I picked up my son and my phone. I pulled out my breast and he latched on.

"I have to go my kids need me."

"They are my kids too Des. Don't punish me like this." He said.

I just hung up the phone.

Jamal walked in as I was burping AD.

"Des I think you should listen to this. I hate to be the one to bring it to you but you need the truth." He said handing me his phone.

It was Aubrey's new album Scorpion.