9

She cuts me off, "If you're thinking that you want me to suffer by doing this so that your crazy fans will bully me, just stop. Cause your presence only is enough to make me suffer!"

I'm dumbfounded by her words. I just can't move right now. She give me back the chocolate. I hold it.

She's rude. Really rude. I'm hurt. She said that my presence is a torture for her. But. Somehow I like it. I like how her words are really cold. Again, I'm not a masochist. Somehow it's cute. Besides, I can change her preference, right? I can make my presence is a bless to her. I'm smiling. I don't know why I'm smiling after her goddamn evil words.

I run out from the changing room and look for her. She won't be far. It's not like I'm letting her go for so long. She's there! In front of the cafetaria on her way back to Sana. But, I grab her arm and drag her to the janitor's room when ofcourse I'm making sure no one saw us here.

"What the hell, Son Chaeyoung!"

"Mina-ssi."

I'm panting really hard. I'm not realizing that I was running really hard just to find this stupid gummy smile.

"What?" she answers with her eyes not staring at me.

"Look at me."

She won't heard me and keep blabbering.

"Just tell me what do you want. It's so stuffy here. And small. And dark. And-"

I touch her chin and make her face facing me.

"I said, look at me."

She starts to look at me. Her eyes are shivering. She must be nervous. Cute.

"I will protect you."

Mina just silent.

"I won't let them hurt you. I'll protect you. And I will make my presence is a bless for your life."

I smile to her but she just keep silent and not even smiling. I retract my hand from her chin. I think, I'm just a burden for her after all. I look down at my shoes. I'm ashamed of myself. Acting cool and all of that.

"Then, give it to me." Mina said.

I look up at her confused.

"Give it to me."

"W-what?"

She walks up closer at me. Our distance is really close already thanks to the stuffy room but she went even closer to me until I can feel her breath on my face.

"W-w-what a-are you d-d-do-doing?"

She grabs my jacket and pulls me toward her until there's no distance between us only our nose touching. I close my eyes.

What is this

There's nothing. I feel nothing 'til I open my eyes and found a chocolate bar that I gave to her waves in front of my face. She picked it from my jacket.

Aish

She smirks at me while I'm blushing like a cooked prawn.

"You are pervert, Son Chaeyoung. Anyway, thanks for the chocolate, my new bodyguard."

She just left me here embarassed of myself.

"Wow, she's rude, indeed. Now, I'm regretting my decision." I'm babbling to my self while sighing. The bell rangs and I go out from the janitor's room and back to my class immediately.

...

The school's finished for today. I packed my things and remember that there's an anonymous letter I receive today. That's strange, usually they would write their names so that I would notice them in school. But this person, he/she wrotes it anonymously. I read the letter.

Dear, Son Chaeyoung

Romeo and Juliet is a famous couple
They love each other
But, their parents are against them
Because they come from different family
Where actually live as enemy
But, they ended together at the end

Me and you are strangers
I don't know you
You don't know me
I'm just an ordinary person
And you are an ordinary person
We both are an ordinary person

There's nothing that can hold us for being together
Like Romeo and Juliet
I'm wondering, are we going to be together at the end?
When actually, there's nothing that can hold us
For being together

Sincerely,

Your fan's friend.

"My fan's friend?"

"What's wrong?" Seulgi just finished her packing and went to my sit while hanging her bagpack on her back.

"Here, there's an anonymous letter. And it said that it sends by my fan's friend." I explain to her while showing her the letter.

"Woah, it seems like she's asking you out but it seems like she's not." Seulgi blurted out.

"Uh, what do you mean?"

"I don't know. Whatever. Where's Moonbyul?"

"Um? I thought she's with you!"

"No no no, where is she, hm."

Then, there's a notification on our group chat. It's from Moonbyul.

Guys, I'm going home with Yong Sun. Finally! You guys can go without me!

We're just smiling reading her text. Seulgi keeps teasing her and I just silently reading their bickering until I caught a certain girl passing in front of the class. It's Mina! Oh my god, I really want to approach her but my pride just won't do that. So, I decided to make myself looks like just about to go home when she passed my class. Smooth one.

"Seulgi-ya, c'mon. I have practice."

"Oh? Really? Okay then."

Yes! Now I can't wait to see her gummy smile again. We walked out through the back door of the class so I could still reach her.

Just as I predicted.

"Oh, Mina-ssi."

"Chaeyoung-ssi." she smiles at me. She's with Sana.

"Chaeyoung-ssi, please let me introduce her. She's Sana. My bestfriend."

Sana smiles at me shyly and she bows her head.

"I'm Minatozaki Sana. Nice to meet you."

"Mina.. Minato.."

"Minatozaki."

"Ah, I'm sorry. It's just.."

"No no, it's okay. It's normal."

"Well, I'm Son Chaeyoung. Nice to meet you." I bow my head as well.

"And here, is my bestfriend, Kang Seulgi."

They introduced themselves while I can't stop my eyes from staring at Mina. Mina realizes this and just looked at her bestfriend timidly. She's really cute. When they are finished, I told them that we're going to back home first cause I have practice this night.

"What practice?" Sana asks me

"Well, nothing big. Just martial arts. For protecting myself." I said smiling.

As I immersed in this conversation, I'm not realizing that there are so many people around us watching. Well, even though Seulgi said that she's not popular girl, actually she's wrong. She's popular too even though not as popular as me.

Me, Seulgi, and Moonbyul are the triple girl crush here. So, they must be excited looking at us standing together like now. But, there are also girls who are glaring at Mina. I glare back at them and they turn around run away from me.

I'll protect her. Just as I promised.