Chapter Eight

"Are you sure you don't want to stay over my house?" Harry asked as we walked up the steps to my porch. I saw him glance at Zayn's house and frown.

I shook my head, "Gummy has this rule against staying the night at someone else's house. Only when it's not a school night."

Gummy made it clear that as long as I lived under her house, I was to follow her rules. I really didn't mind because she really only had this and one other rule anyway.

It was a bit past 11 in the evening and Harry had just taken me home. We stopped in front of my front door.

I opened my mouth to say something but then a howl in the far distance stopped me. I looked over to where the sound came from and frowned, was that a wolf? I brushed it off, it's probably just a dog.

"I gotta go," Harry said, interrupting my thoughts.

"Okay," I said.

"I'll pick you up and take you to school again tomorrow, yeah?"

"Oh, you don't have to, Harry."

"I want to. I want to see you again."

I blushed, "Okay."

Another howl, and this time it was a bit closer.

Harry frowned. I did too. I knew wolves roamed the woods around Seralune as I'd heard about sightings. In fact, I'd seen some once or twice before. But it was the first time I heard a wolf howl this close.

"You better go inside," Harry said.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Harry."

Harry took my hand before I could turn around, "Do me a favor and don't go out anymore tonight."

I raised an eyebrow, "Why?"

"Just want to make sure you're safe."

"Err, sure. It's almost my curfew anyway. Gummy's other rule. I can stay out as long as I like during weekends but I have to be home by 12 on school nights."

"Huh. Just like in that story."

"Yeah, my carriage is about to turn back into a pumpkin," I smiled. "Gummy's big on making sure I'm home on school nights."

Harry smiled back then pulled me closer to him, "Good night, Sweetheart." He looked at my eyes for a second before dipping down and placing a small kiss on the corner of my lips.

My smile grew wider as I blushed for the hundredth time that night, "Good night, Harry."

I went inside and it was only after I had closed the door behind me did I hear Harry's footsteps leave my front porch. I leaned on the door as the kiss replayed on my head.

Maybe Cat was right. Maybe I should give myself a chance to open up to someone else, to feel something for another boy other than Zayn.

I touched my lips and smiled. Having Harry's lips against mine felt so... right. I didn't know why I was feeling this way when I'd only known Harry for a very short while but there was something about him that made me feel safe.

Did this mean that maybe my feelings for Zayn wasn't real?

I shook my head. How could it not be real when I felt that way for him for three years?

I sighed. I should probably just sleep. Thinking about this now when I was in a fight with Zayn and I had just kissed Harry wouldn't do me any good.

I headed up my room because I knew Gummy was already asleep anyway.

The moment I opened the door, I saw a figure lying on my bed. The lights were off but the light coming from the window was enough that I recognized the silhouette.