Chapter Thirty

Harry could tell I was distracted.

We were on his car on our way to the factory after spending a few hours on the plaza. I tried really hard to enjoy myself while we strolled around, finding booths to try and food to taste.

But my eyes always seemed to stray back to the moon.

I couldn't help it. It was like she was trying to tell me something but I was in the wrong frequency so I couldn't make out what she was saying.

Almost three-fourths of the moon was covered in darkness when I asked Harry if we could go to the factory. I thought maybe with a roof under my head, I could finally stop glancing at the moon.

Besides, it was getting too crowded at the plaza. I saw a lot of people I knew from school. Cat and Liam were there too, in the line to ride the ferris wheel.

A few of the girls from school stopped me to greet me, surprising me that they even knew it was my birthday. But it was annoying how they would look at Harry and ask me to introduce them.

Harry, the polite man that he was, would introduce himself. It happened a few times and then I finally noticed how many girls around us were staring at him.

But he seemed unbothered so I bit my tongue to keep myself from saying anything about it.

I was playing with the pearl pendant as I stared out the window, my eyes once again searching the skies for the moon.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked.

"Yeah," I answerd but my eyes were still glued to the sky.

"We're here."

My eyes were busy looking up that I didn't notice we had stopped.

I looked forward and, sure enough, the old abandoned factory was there. But unlike the first time I was here, I could see clues that there were people inside. There were lights streaming out from the many holes and windows if the large building. There were definitely a lot of cars too. And some people were loitering outside, opting to drink under the gaze of the moon.

Harry got out and opened my door, "The other alphas are here."

I nodded, briefly thinking about maybe talking to Kevin for a bit to personally thank him for the chocolates he gave.

I could hear and feel the loud bass blaring from the speakers from inside as we walked towards the entrance. Before we could step inside, I heard a loud bang. I jumped in surprise but saw that a group of four was playing with fireworks. A girl from the group saw me and smirked almost menacingly. She raised a bloody hand and moved her fingers like she was waving at me.

Harry placed a hand on my shoulder and pulled me closer. He glared at the girl but her smile only widened.

"A lot of rogues came," Harry muttered as he pulled me along the entrance.

I looked at him, puzzled. Why did that matter? A huge percentage of the rogue population already lived here.

"Just stick close to me."

We stepped inside where the music was even louder. It was warmer in here but it's probably because a lot of people were inside.

The place was hardly decorated except for the ceiling where hundreds of fairy lights twinkled, as if mimicking the stars outside. It gave the place a warm orange glow.

At first glance, you would think it was just a normal club scene but when I looked closely, the people where divided by packs. Each corner was conquered by each of the four packs. But the biggest group was the one in the middle - rogues.