Chapter Sixty-One

Zayn had shifted into his dark wolf once we reached ground level and found ourselves in the Southfire pack house. He healed faster and we moved better that way.

He had also called all of Eastearth to come at once.

There were definitely more people now. But I was able to keep us off their tracks, throwing our scents off so they didn't know where we were.

I was also trying to call Louis and Liam to me. They were still alive, I could feel it. I was squeezing on where their tattoos were in my arms and hoping they were safe.

I was sure Dylan knew I wasn't where he left me. I heard bits and pieces about it - from frantic murmurs to frustrated sighs of Southfire wolves trying to find me. I surmised that Dylan himself was looking for us until Harry and the rest of Northwaters arrived at his doorstep.

Only a handful of Southfire had remained inside as the rest were with Dylan outside. A fight hadn't broken out yet but from the suffocating tension in the air, I knew it soon would.

I needed to go to Harry's side.

I needed to keep him safe.

I had finally spotted the front door after a few wrong turns on this massive house. There was someone guarding over it.

I looked at Zayn and he nodded. With one large leap, he lunged at the guard and they both crashed at the large door. It toppled open, revealing what was happening between Southfire and Northwaters.

There was a large growl as Zayn bit hard on the guard's shoulder before throwing him off to the side.

Everyone's eyes turned to us.

Dylan's face contorted into anger for a split second before it disappeared behind his passive mask.

I was looking for Harry while I ran at full speed to get out of this house. When my eyes finally met his green ones, I smiled in relief.

But it was only for a fleeting second as a body crashed against mine from my left side. My back slammed against the floor as the crown on my hand clanged and rolled away from me. But I didn't stay down for long.

"Found the princess," Mick sneered as he enveloped his dirty hand on my neck. My feet dangled as he lifted me higher.

And it was like the signal everyone outside was waiting for.

Deafening growls erupted, but none more so than from the Northwaters alpha. The sound of ripping clothes was followed by thunderous waves of paws hitting the ground.

Bloodlust lingered in the air.

Mick only tightened his grip so I used a gust of wind to knock him off of me. I fell to the hard floor, coughing and gasping for air as he skidded away.

The smell of blood became stronger and stronger.

Mick regained composure and glared at me. "Be a good princess and stay still so I can kill you."

"Go. Away," I wheezed as I got to my feet.

"You sound just like my daughter. Go away. Leave us alone. Stop. Let my mother go," he said in a squeaky, whiny voice. "You all say the same fucking things."

I glared at him as I massaged my neck.

"Of course my shitty excuse for a son didn't tell you," he sneered.

"You know, hitting your wife and kids isn't really something you should be proud of," a voice behind him interjected.

"Louis!"