Chapter Fifty-Five

Harry was kissing me. His lips were softly pressed against mine and I was so surprised that I didn't move at first. He had maneuvered our bodies so that I was lying on the couch and he was on top of me. His soft curls tickled my cheeks as his kiss deepened and my brain finally caught up and I responded to his kiss.

He pulled away when we were both out of breathe. His green eyes were shining and deeply staring into mine. His lips were tainted with my lipstick and swollen from my lips. His fingers softly flitted down my cheeks to my lips.

"I love you," he whispered.

My heart literally stopped.

"I love you," he repeated. His voice was so soft, almost like he was scared to tell me how he felt. It didn't sound like he was waiting for a reply. I could tell he just wanted to tell me.

I placed my right hand on his cheeks. "Then tell me the truth, Harry."

His eyes closed his eyes and he nuzzled his face on my hand. When he opened his eyes again, they had turned sad.

The door burst open. I turned to look who it was but Harry kept his eyes on me.

"Alpha Har-" Chrystal began to say.

"Leave," Harry exclaimed.

"But-"

"Get. Out," Harry growled. His eyes were still on me but I was looking at the flustered Chrystal as she hurriedly left and closed the door behind her.

My hand fell limply on my side.

Harry sighed but he got up from on top of me and sat down next to me instead. I just remained lying there.

With his hands clasped tightly together, he said, "I'll tell you everything after the ceremony."

I took his hand to mine and squeezed, "Thank you."

We stayed like that for a few seconds until Harry finally had to leave. The ceremony was almost about to begin.

"I'll see you later," he said before he opened the door.

"Wait," I said as I stood up and walked over to Harry. He stopped by the open door. I saw him glance sideways before I reached up and wiped his lipstick-stained lips with my thumb.

"There," I said when I was done.

"Like that's gonna help. Everyone can still smell your scent on him," Zayn commented. He was leaning on the wall a few feet from the door. His arms were crossed and he looked pissed. The hallway was dark, except from the light streaming from the open door.

I pursed my lips but didn't say anything.

"You're still hanging out with this douchebag, Elle?" Zayn said.

"Zayn, please. Not now," I pleaded.

"Did you know that Harry almost killed his father?" Zayn said.

"Wha-what?" I looked at Harry then back at Zayn.

"Kevin told me that this piece of alpha shit nearly murdered his father and former Northwaters alpha when he was 16."

"Shut your mouth!" Harry growled as he lunged at Zayn. He punched Zayn and then grabbed him on his neck. "Shut your fucking mouth."

Zayn's hands were on Harry's arm, pulling it away from him.

"Harry! Stop it!" I exclaimed as I tried to pull him away from Zayn.

Zayn was able to push him away. I also stumbled back. Harry was about to lunge again but I placed myself in between them.

"Stop it!" I screamed. I was breathing heavily.