Chapter Thirty-Three

The first sign we had that the Moon Goddess' punishment was in effect came only moments after sunrise.

We heard a commotion outside and the four alphas, with the exception of Kevin, were immediately at their feet. Kevin was staring at the floor, thinking about something but I didn't pay him any mind.

I stood up as well and started to make my way towards the door but Harry, Dylan, and Zayn stopped me the moment I took a step forward.

"It's starting," I whispered. "Your packmates are outside and it's happening."

Mikhail was already opening the door, letting the chilly air in. Goosebumps sprouted on my exposed legs.

Dylan removed his jacket and placed it on my shoulders, "Maybe wear some pants first, Selene? Your exposed legs aren't doing us any favors here."

"Thank you," I murmured. Dylan's close proximity to me sent his heart pounding. It was weird hearing that I was getting that reaction from him just by being near.

That seemed to piss Harry and Zayn though. Zayn grabbed my arm and pulled me to him.

"What the fucking hell do you fucking think you Northwaters are doing?" Mikhail shouted.

I cringed at his loud voice and thought how his foul mouth rivaled only Cat's.

Harry's head snapped towards their direction when he heard his pack being called but he made no move to go out. He looked reluctant to leave me alone so I took Harry's wrist and pulled him along to go out and see what was happening. I slightly winced as pain shot up from my shoulder. Harry noticed so he matched my pace to help ease the pain.

When we got outside, Mikhail and one of his packmates were facing off with Klaus, Jackson, Jasper. All three Northwaters wolves were acting like shields for a panic-stricken Ally.

I looked over Zayn's house, worried his Mom would see this unusual sight.

"Don't worry, Mom's still asleep," Zayn said on my other side.

"Alpha..." I heard Ally said, her voice lost and confused.

"That Westwind wolf attacked Ally!" Jasper snarled.

"No!" the man next to Mikhail said. "I will never... she... she's my-"

"Soulmate," I said, my mouth blurting out the first thing that popped into my mind.

I glanced up the sky with a slight frown. I couldn't see the moon but I knew she was there.

The boy didn't take his eyes off Ally, only nodding in agreement at what I said. Ally looked somewhat scared but she kept peeking over Jasper's shoulder to look at the Westwind boy.

I heard the back door open and shut. Kevin had left.

"I just... this smell, I just followed this intoxicating scent... and then when I saw her today, I just... and when I touched her..." the boy stuttered.

"Like a spark of electricity shot through me," Ally continued.

Harry drew in a sharp breath, while I felt Zayn and Dylan tense when they heard this.

"You're perfect," the boy breathed.

I closed my eyes. She's really making it hard for them to resist her punishment. She was using their senses to bombard them with desire for their so-called soulmate.

The sensory overload was making them forget how powerless they were, and how unfortunate it was that they now had no say who they'd love and spend the rest of their lives with.