Chapter Sixty-Five

Harry

Three hundred and sixty-five days.

It had been a year since I became Alpha King.

It had been a year since Selene had gone.

Three hundred and sixty-five fucking days of nothing but pain over losing her.

What even was the point of being the most powerful werewolf when the person you love was no longer with you?

Everything was just in fucking monotone and everything was the same everyday.

I kept repeating that day she crowned me as alpha king over and over.

Selene told she loved me. She was looking at me and only me. I heard the certainty in her voice and saw the passion in her eyes.

But my heart ached when I heard it because it fucking felt like a good bye.

I felt the power surge through me when the crown fell on my head. Pain shot through me as my body adjusted to the immense power - it almost felt like it was meant to break me.

I wondered if this was how Selene felt. I knew the power she had and how it was breaking her body slowly.

I looked at her and she had a smile on her lips. She looked peaceful and fulfilled.

She looked happy.

For a moment, I thought everything would be fine.

But I took my eyes off of her. For one fucking second.

And when I looked back, she was gone. The fucking couch was empty and she was suddenly gone.

I had searched everywhere, turned that house upside down but she was nowhere to be found. Even the tattoos she shared with Louis and Liam disappeared so they could not even track her whereabouts.

I slapped the wooden table with my fist and I heard the loud crack as it broke into two.

"That's the third table you broke this week," Liam said from the open door of my study.

"I'll just buy a new one," I said dismissively as I slumped back into the chair in frustration.

I had been gone from Seralune for almost eight months. I went around all werewolf territories to establish some semblance of peace. It was a shitstorm in the beginning. Many ranked weres wanted to revolt and be their own packs.

But this shit didn't work like that. So I had to go around nonstop and make it clear myself that there were no separate packs now and that we're all one big fucking werewolf family.

Easier said than done, I knew.

But it was better than doing nothing. At least I had shit to keep me busy other than fucking blame myself that I lost Selene.

I had been back in Seralune for a week now and it didn't help that I remembered her everywhere I looked.

"Any news where Louis and Zayn are?"