Chapter Fifty-Eight

There was a car in front of me. Or what was left of it at least. I took a step closer, and realized the smoke was coming from it. Only one of the headlights worked and it was probably the only thing that worked with how totaled the car was. Everything was bent and cracked.

Blood was splattered on the shattered glass. I took another step closer and I could feel the cold cling to my skin, seep in, and swirl inside me.

I had seen this scene before.

Only this time, I was the girl inside and not my Mom. I was the one bent and cracked.

My insides squirmed as I stared at myself. My eyes were open, blank and cold as they stared into nothingness. Blood dripped from my forehead and my face was full of scratches. Shards of glass clung to my dark hair like stars in the night sky.

I finally tore my eyes away from my dead body when I saw that there was a boy kneeling on the side. His hands were quivering and covered in blood.

His curls covered his face but I could still hear his heart-piercing wail.

The wind picked up and covered me in smoke. I covered my eyes with my hands. When it stopped, the car and the boy were gone.

Seralune was in front of me again. But she wasn't paying me any mind. She was kneeling in front of a small bonfire. Her eyes were fixated on the fire that were reflected in her eyes.

She reached forward, like she was grabbing something. But instead, she grabbed the fire. A small flame danced on her palm.

My eyebrows shot up. I lifted up my own hand. It was like the air around me could sense what I needed as a small tornado formed on my palm.

When I looked up again, Seralune was standing in front of me. She had a small smile and the fire was still on her hand.

"Yours is air. Mine was fire," I could hear her voice inside my head. "Be careful, Luna."

She slowly placed her hand over my chest and my body absorbed the flame. The heat spread from my heart throughout the rest of my body.

The same fire took hold of Seralune as she burst into flames.

The heat was becoming unbearable and tried as I might, I could not put out the fire inside of me with my wind unless I cut off my own oxygen.

I woke up screaming.

I scrambled from my sheets as arms tried to restrain me.

"She's burning up!" I heard Louis' voice say.

"I'll get the bath running!" Liam said.

The wind was howling outside, making the glasses on my window shake.

"Elle! It's fine, you're fine. It was just a dream," Louis tried to calm me. He grabbed my face and made me look at his eyes. "It's okay. You're okay. Come on, breathe."

Louis hugged me when I calmed down a bit. He stroked my hair gently as he repeatedly whispered that I was fine.

But I was still delirious from the heat that lingered in my body. So Louis carried me, all the while telling me he was sorry for what he had to do but that I needed to cool off.

I realized what he meant when my toes touched the icy cold water in my tub. I screamed again and held on tight to Louis that he had no choice but get partly submerged with me.