Chapter Fifteen

"We're here," Harry said as he pulled over on a deserted road.

I nodded but I remained seated. That short car ride and the awkward tension I was feeling were nearly the death of me. But we couldn't really stay like this with each other. So I mustered up the courage and turned to him. I faltered a bit when I saw that he was already looking at me.

"I... erm... Harry," I stuttered.

Harry patiently waited for me to say what I wanted to say. From my peripheral vision, I could see the twins and Ally getting out of their car. Louis had left because he had an appointment. But he promised he'd go see us tonight. Klaus went to the Northwaters pack house, preparing whatever Harry needed.

"About... about what you said," I started.

"Which one? The one where I said I like you or the one I said I'll make you look at only me?" Harry raised an eyebrow. He had a cute smirk on his lips that was making my already rosy cheeks even redder.

Oh God.

I gulped before I continued, "Erm... Both, I guess? I just..."

"I get it. You have a lot going on right now, yeah? But I meant every word I said, Selene."

"But-"

"I'm not expecting you to say anything back now. I just want you to know. So that you'll give me a chance."

I look at Harry's sincere eyes, and it was like I was hypnotized. He looked at me with such tenderness that I finally realized he wasn't just saying these things. He really meant them.

"Okay," I squeaked.

Harry's smirk widened into a grin, his dimples popping out even more. He leaned closer to me and said, "Better get ready then, Sweetheart."

Before I could reply, Harry had opened his door and practically zoomed next to mine. He opened my door and held out his hand. I adjusted the long white coat that was slightly falling off my shoulder, then took Harry's hand. He smiled when our palms touched and helped me out the car.

The trio were already waiting for us at the edge of the forest. Ally had her nose up in the air, while Jackson and Jasper were looking intently at the forest.

"It's about four miles from here. I'll lead the way. The moonflowers will throw off your senses so stick close. Stay human unless needed." Harry turned to me, "I'm going to have to carry you though."

The three of them nodded and started walking towards the trees.

"What do you mean carry me?" I asked.

"It's too far for you to walk. And the whole point of this was not to exhaust you. It'll be faster this way."

"Erm, you're staying human, right?"

"Would you rather ride me then?"

My jaw dropped.

Harry's laugh echoed throughout the forest. And again, I felt the blood slowly creep up my face.

"I meant on my back as a werewolf," Harry grinned.

"I knew that," I said, trying to regain some posture.

Oh God, oh God. Is this what he meant when he told me to get ready?

"Just... let's just go please?" I said as I looked away. I could not stand staring at Harry's teasing eyes any longer.

I saw the trio looking back at us. All of them had varying stages of shock in their faces as they stared. Jackson was the first to recover. His face was already turning to amusement. Jasper was looking at Harry as if his Alpha grew another head or something. Ally looked like she was getting the creeps.