Chapter Fifty-Nine

The soft caress of the wind woke me up.  I felt it against my face, waking me up from another nightmare where I watched my friends dying in front of me.

Everything was hazy when I opened my eyes.

My head pounded with pain and my body felt heavy. It felt like a ton of rocks were placed on top of me and I couldn't move properly. My vision was blurry and it was like everything was happening in slow motion.

I was lying on a cold slab of steel. The room I was being held in was dim and bare. The smell of bitter flower lingered in the air.

I tried getting up but my hands and feet were restrained. I tried to control the wind to help me but I was too out of it to concentrate.

I felt the wind caress my face soothingly, as if trying to calm the pounding of my heart.

"Help me." My voice was barely above a whisper. "Harry. Help me..."

I tried moving again but still no luck. My eyes slowly wandered around the room, making me extremely dizzy. I knew I was laying still but it felt like everything was moving, like I was strapped in a seemingly never ending roller coaster.

My eyes caught sight of something glinting next to me. I concentrated hard to focus my eyes on what it was.

The silver crown. It was here with me. How? I was sure I left it in Gummy's room. Did Dylan somehow manage to hold it and bring it here?

Look, the wind whispered. Use your eye, Luna.

What? My eye?

And then it clicked.

I craned my neck so that my face was as near to the crown as possible. With every ounce of energy I could muster, I concentrated on looking at the moon that resided in my eye. My reflection in the silver crown was distorted but the moon on my eye glinted.

I could feel myself losing consciousness again.

My eyes rolled back.

When I came to again a second later, I was outside. The place was nowhere I had been to before. I was at the edge of a forest, near a huge gated mansion. At the top of it was what I assumed to be a crest - a silver S that was engulfed in flames.

Southfire. I was in Southfire territory.

It was dusk and the moon was beginning to peek out when a car pulled up in front of the majestic stairs. Its doors simultaneously opened and out came three people: a burly boy who looked like he was in his late teens, a pretty teenage girl with wavy brown hair, and... was that Jake?

He looked younger this time, like he was about the same age as the girl. They walked up the stairs, laughing about something I could not hear.

They laughed along as they went inside the house.

When the doors closed, the day passed by in a blink and the scene repeated again. And again. And again.

I realized that I was seeing different days as their clothes, hairstyles, and appearances changed.

Most days it was just Jake and the girl. Some days, the burly boy would be with them.

As the vision progressed, I realized three things.

One, the burly boy was Jake's older brother. He was built like a towering building but he was a kind person. At least, I thought he was a kind brother. I could see it in how he interacted with Jake.