Chapter Nineteen

"What the heck does that even mean?" Louis said before he took a bite off a bagel.

He had come to my house shortly after my talk with Gummy. Liam probably called him because he was worried about me. That and Louis made him promise yesterday that if anything happened, Liam would contact him. And I guessed this counted as something happening. Harry had quickly kept Louis and Liam up-to-date with what just happened.

The four of us – Liam, Louis, Harry and me - were in the kitchen, eating the breakfast Jackson brought. Jackson was outside, back to guarding the house. I told him he should eat with us but said he already ate and that he was on duty anyway.

Gummy had also left saying she had things to do. The annual full moon party was in a week and she had a lot of things to prepare. She looked tired enough as it was so I assured her that I was fine. I guessed it also helped that Harry hardly even left my side.

I shrugged, "I don't really know, Louis. It's not like the woman I hear in these visions or dreams had said anything to me clearly. She always talks to me in riddles."

"You sure she said the end and not just an end?" Liam said, taking a sip of coffee.

"Yeah, I'm sure," I replied as I watched Louis grab Liam's cup the moment Liam set it down the table and downed it in one gulp.

"Hey!" Liam exclaimed.

"Are you okay, Louis?" I asked. "You look-"

"Handsome? Tired? Handsome but tired?" Louis said, getting up to get more coffee.

"Err, yeah let's go with the last one," I answered.

Harry, who was seated next to me with his arm draped on the back of my seat, snorted, "More like you got run over by a truck. Did you party again last night?"

"For your information, I was up late last night researching for better protection for our dear fair maiden here," Louis said pouring coffee on his cup almost to the brim. "The one I drew on her neck's almost gone now, right?"

My hand immediately touched my neck, almost forgetting about that.

Harry said, "So did you find anything?"

"I hope that doesn't mean I need to get a permanent tattoo, Louis," I nervously chuckled.

Louis walked back, "It doesn't but warrior wolf here and I will get your mark."

"What mark?" Liam and I asked at the same time.

Louis shrugged, "I don't know yet. Not until-"

"Oh my gosh, Louis, you don't expect me to ink you and Liam with tattoos, do you?" I exclaimed, with a horrified look on my face.

"You can just tattoo a huge one to cover his face and get it over with," Harry muttered.

"And ruin this beautiful face?" Louis smirked.

"So what do you mean by a mark, Louis?" Liam asked, getting us back on track.

Louis returned to his seat and took out an old book from the bag he brought that he had placed on the floor beside his chair. Then he faced the three of us.

"Rogues don't have packs. That means we can't mind link with others," Louis said then he pointed at Liam and me. "That means we can't tell immediately if either one of us is in danger."

Harry saw my questioning expression and said, "Mind link is how werewolves talk to each other without needing to say it out loud. The exchange is only within packs though among other limitations."

"Is that why your eyes would sometimes glaze over?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's really like a conversation with each other but only within our heads," Harry answered.