Chapter Thirty-Two

Did you know what it felt like being awake but you had no control over your body? Like you're just a passenger in your own body and someone else was in the steering wheel, calling the shots and making your body move? It felt like that right now.

I opened my eyes and sat up.

I was in my dim room. It was still dark out. But I couldn't be sure because the curtains were drawn and the layers of thick towels I placed on the window were still in place.

Cat was on a chair beside my bed. She was slumped over and fast asleep.

I could feel the dull pain on my shoulder and see the gauze peeking from my collar. I was only wearing a white button down over my underwear and nothing else.

Where was everyone else?

Was Zayn okay?

I could hear people talking from downstairs and realized that all alphas were there.

All five.

"Why the fuck did you even have to bite him and turn him into a werewolf in the fucking first place?" Mikhail's exclaimed. "Now we have a rogue alpha? What the fuck are we supposed to do with him?"

Rogue alpha? Who-?

The thought was interrupted when I caught sight of myself in the mirror. I still looked pale but almost luminescent this time, like there was a soft glow emanating from my skin. But what struck me the most were my eyes.

The moon was on my right eye.

Marked by the moon

"Holy shit," I thought as I felt the corners of my lips pull up into a smile.

I pulled the covers off slowly so that I wouldn't disturb Cat. I placed my feet on the floor but didn't feel the cold wood against my skin.

I took a few steps towards the door, realizing that although I was walking, my feet weren't touching the floor at all. My eyes remained forward and, as I neared the door, it opened on its own.

Or was I doing that?

The slow creak of the door was enough to quiet down Mikhail's voice.

I walked, closer and closer to where the alphas were.

The air was thick with tension. Even as I stood at the top of the stairs, I could feel the breaths they were holding, their racing hearts, the cold chill that was running up their spines.

They were waiting for my arrival.

When I reached the last step, five pairs of eyes met mine.

Kevin's face paled when he saw me. Dylan remained passive. Mikhail gawked.

Harry's lips were a thin line.

Zayn smiled.

Harry was seated on the middle of the couch, still covered in my blood. He was clutching the pearl necklace he gave me, which was also caked with dry blood.

Zayn was leaning next to the wall of the front door. He was only wearing a pair of pants and his arms were crossed on his bare chest. There was no bullet hole visible, like it didn't happen at all.

Mikhail was standing in front of Harry, while Kevin cowered over my presence. He was folding his body inwards, like he wanted to disappear within the chair he was sitting in.

Dylan looked at me head on, always with that curious glint on his eyes. He was leaning on the wall farthest from where I stood.

A few silent moments passed as all five tried to process what was happening.