Chapter Seventeen

"Stop glaring at me," I heard Louis exclaim. "She was tightly clinging to me and won't let go, what did you want me to do?"

"Lay her down on the bed and stay five feet away from her," Harry said. I could imagine he had a scowl on his face.

"Tried that, she'd only cling to me tighter."

"You should've let Ally carry her then."

"I repeat: she wouldn't let go. Look, my chest is red from her grip. Almost tore my shirt too! She only let go when you came back!"

"Sorry," I whispered, my voice so low but I was sure they heard.

"Sweetheart?" Harry said. He had his arms around me only gripping me tighter when he heard my voice.

I hummed in response as I slowly opened my eyes. I was back in my room, in my bed, with Harry next to me. Louis was leaning by my window again. They both looked at me worriedly.

"What happened?" I asked as I tried to sit up. But Harry only pulled me closer to him, as if he didn't want me to get up.

"You passed out," Louis said.

"Again," Harry added. "You've been passing out a lot more lately."

"Yeah, I know. I'm getting tired of it as well," I sighed almost closing my eyes again until I remembered Liam.

I opened my eyes, and pushed against Harry to get up and look at him, "Liam! How's Liam?"

Harry frowned but he said, "He's fine. He's at our pack house right now. His parents and Sybil are with him."

"Wait, his parents?" I said, my eyes widening. "Do they know about werewolves?"

"Yeah, they have wereblood but it thinned out and they haven't been producing werewolves for around two generations now," Harry answered.

"Probably why they followed the Sawyers here," Louis added.

I turned to him, "What do you mean? Does Cat know about werewolves?"

Louis shrugged, "I don't know. Her parents probably do though. They're like the Paynes - thinned out wereblood. I figured they might've been ecstatic that their daughter and the Payne boy were in love. Maybe they pushed for it too, since the Paynes relocated here when the Sawyers did."

Louis must've seen the confusion on my face because he added, "It's like this, my fair maiden. The Sawyer girl and the Payne boy being in love and eventually getting married means they have a high chance of finally producing a werewolf kid in both families."

My jaw dropped in surprise, "Oh my- I have to call Cat!"

I scrambled off my bed to get my phone but just as I was about to dial Cat's number, I stopped and turned to the two boys. "Is someone else here?"

Harry's frown deepened but Louis smirked.

"Oh very perceptive again, my fair maiden."

I rolled my eyes at him, "Who is it?"

"Zayn," Harry said, his voice cold.

"Kid wouldn't leave your side but I convinced him to stay downstairs until you wake up."

At the mention of his name, I remembered Zayn calling my name just before I passed out. I looked at Harry, who was already looking back at me. His face remained emotionless but it seemed like he was studying my expression or how I would react to what Louis just told me.

"I-" I took a deep breathe. "I need to talk to him."

Harry remained emotionless but he started getting up the bed. Louis' smirk widened but he stood upright as if he was coming as well. I raised my hand to stop them.