Chapter Twenty-Seven

I ran.

Before our lips connected I ran out of the shed and straight back to my house. I was so surprised and confused that I didn't realize I had slammed the door shut and had caused a slight ruckus as I leaned at the door. I was clutching my pounding chest and I could hear a ringing in my ears that I didn't realize I had woken my grandmother.

It was only when I heard her call my name that I did.

"I-in here!" I answered.

I heard her soft steps as she descended the stairs and saw her appear in front of me moments later.

"You went out?" she asked, tying the robe around her.

I nodded, "Just next door."

Gummy looked at me and smiled, "Zayn's early this year."

"Wha-what?"

"It's only two in the morning and he's already given you your gift. I remember you sulking all day last year because he waited until the last minute back then."

I unconsciously touched the cold silver on my earlobe.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Gummy asked.

I thought about it for a second. But then decided against it. There were already a lot of things going on and this wasn't something I should bother Gummy about.

I shook my head, "It's nothing."

She's was busy enough as it was. She's already tired from everything that's happening and I could tell it's already taking a toll on her body.

Especially since the annual full moon party was tomorrow.

Oh my god.

My eyes widened at the realization. Gummy probably noticed my change in expression.

"What is it, Selene?" she walked closer to me, concern etched on her face.

I gulped, "The-the party is tomorrow right, Gummy?"

Gummy's lips pressed into a line, "Yes. For the super blood wolf moon."

"And my birthday..." my voice trailed off, almost scared for the answer.

"I know."

Oh god.

I suddenly felt dizzy. The floor suddenly felt like it was sliding back and forth. I leaned my head on the door and closed my eyes to keep me from falling face first. But I didn't realize I was already sliding down the door.

I could hear a ringing on my ear, like it was drilling a hole into my head.

Meremento.

Remember.

Meremento.

Remember.

Meremento.

Remember.

I put my hands on my ears, trying to stop the ringing and the voice that kept repeating and repeating for me to remember.

"Stop it, stop it, stop it!" I screamed.

I sat up, cold sweat trickling down my back. My heart was pounding on my chest but the ringing finally started fading out.

"Elle? Elle? Are you okay, Elle?"

I felt a squeeze on my hand and I looked and saw Gummy sitting next to me. She was looking at me with such worried eyes.

"Are you okay, Elle?" I heard someone say in front of me.

I saw Louis standing at the foot of my head.