Chapter Forty-One

Harry had never mentioned a father. In fact, I distinctly remember him saying that he only had a mother and a sister as family.

So I assumed his father was either out of the picture or dead.

But I was wrong.

He was very much alive. And very much in the picture right now.

Was this Harry's secret?

Wait... did this man just say he knew my father?

"You must have a lot of questions," Mick said.

"Who is my father?"

"Getting right into business just like him," he smirked.

I only stared back stoicly.

"We call him Pluto. You don't really look like him, you got your looks from your Mom."

"Pluto?"

Mick nonchalantly shrugged, "Nobody knows his real name. Nobody alive that is."

"You were an alpha, weren't you?"

"Ah, you got your personality from him."

"Why are you here?"

"I told you. He said you'd be here."

"And what do you want?"

"You know what he wants."

"I'm asking you. You're an alpha, right? Why are you letting a man you don't even know the real identity of boss you around?"

I had seen how alphas act. They were proud leaders who did not back down to anyone. But Mick wasn't like that. It looked like he was willingly working under this Pluto and that puzzled me.

Mick smirked, "Harry didn't really tell you any thing."

"Answer me."

"Stop doing that," he growled, using an alpha tone of his own. It wasn't like how the usual alpha tone I had heard sounded. It wasn't powerful and commanding. It sounded weak and almost fading.

The confusion must've been evident in my face because he rolled his eyes at me. "The powers of an alpha who does not have a pack fades. There is no room for an extra one in a pack. It fades when a new alpha ascends into the position."

I frowned. That... was that true? But Zayn... why would the Moon Goddess give Zayn an alpha wolf if his powers would only fade without a pack? I didn't even think it was fading, if anything Zayn was growing stronger as he grew accustomed to his newfound powers.

"Why are you here and not Pluto?"

"Because he's a smart man, apparently. Your seer tone sucks balls."

"Take me to him then."

"Yeah, that'd work if I even knew where he was."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Told you he's a smart man. He knows how your seer tone works. Fucking don't even know what he looks like 'cause he wears that mask all the time. Crazy how he's got a gang of wolves under him who doesn't even know what he looks like."

I frowned. Didn't he just tell me I looked more like my Mom? And now he told me he didn't know what Pluto looked like? Which was it, really? Also, was my father a ranked wolf? Was he a former alpha as well? From which pack?

"Why'd he send you here then?"

"Doesn't even know I'm here."

"Why are you here?"