Chapter 7: Stress Levels Rising

Connor leaned back in his chair as he tried to stop the artificial tears from pooling in his eyes.

Gavin was being a fucking asshole, Connor had deduced.

He understood that Gavin wanted to keep up his 'tough-guy-act'... But he wishes he didn't. 

His fingers glided over the keys as he looked up more on the case that Chris had told him about. Anything to get his mind off of Gavin.

His eyes moved to the desk opposite him. Hank's. He would never admit it to anyone but... he missed Hank, despite him only being gone for less than twenty four hours. Connor was sure that Sumo missed him too.

The android's metal heart continued to ache... And Connor hated it. This was one of the many things he hated about being a deviant. He hated feeling pain like this. The metaphorical kind which somehow became physical.

Connor loved Gavin so much that it hurt. It mainly hurt due to Gavin putting him down whilst in public around people that they both knew.

Unlike when they were at that bar where Gavin had easily defended him in front of that guy who ended up punching him.

Connor didn't usually work on Sundays... He used to enjoy spending time with Hank at home. But now he couldn't be more happy being here... Away from Gavin just to clear his head.

He had to get out of here. He needed to be in the cool air of Detroit. His systems were overheating and the hot temperature of the station wasn't exactly helping. His stress levels were significantly rising too.

Connor stood up and turned towards the exit.

"Anderson!" a voice caused him to turn around. Fowler. "My office!"

The android reluctantly walked towards Fowler's office, walking in through the glass door before closing it, "How may I help, Captain?"

Fowler sat down and leaned forward clasping his hands together on the desk, "You seem to have something on your mind, Connor." he noticed Connor's red LED, "Whatever it is you can talk to me. I can't have this affecting your work."

"I understand, Captain." Connor nodded, "But I can assure you that there is nothing is on my mind."

"You need to learn how to lie better, Connor. Controlling your LED would be a good start."

Connor's fingers insinctively reached up to his LED, "I... My apologies, Captain."

He nodded, "Whatever it is that is bothering you... Please don't bring the problem into work next time."

"Of course.... Captain...." Connor's voice trailed off as he caught someone out the corner of his eye enter the station.

"Fuckin' Reed." Fowler mumbled, "I had hunch that it had somethin' to do with him. I swear I'm gonna get rid of his ass if I catch him makin' anymore smartass comments regardind you, Connor."

"O-Oh no, nothing like that, Captain. Ga- Detective Reed has been... tolerable recentely."

The Captain was still clearly skeptical. He knew something was going on between his two detectives and he didn't want it affecting their work, "Deal with whatever the fuck is going on between you two as soon as possible. I don't want it coming into work tomorow. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, Captain. This won't happen again."

He nodded, "Good. Take an early break to talk to Reed and try to work something out for today."

"Yes, Captain. Thank you." Connor nodded before heading towards the door, exiting his office.

As Connor finished walking down the small set of stairs, a hand grabbed his and dragged him through the station, "G-Gavin? Why are you even here?!"