Chapter 36: Cyclothymia

"Gavin. Wake up. We have to leave soon." Niner said, turning on the coffee machine in the kitchen.

"No." Gavin groaned, turning over to press his face further into the pillow. Niner had given him a comfortable pillow to use on the couch last night.

Niner walked over to him and pulled pillow out from under his head before hitting him with it, "Get. Up."

"Just leave me here to die..." Gavin's voice was mumbled as his face pressed into the couch, not reacting to Niner's attacks.

The android threw the pillow to the floor, "You're being childish."

"I'm an asshole."

"Yes. I know. I'm not even going to attempt to make you feel better about yourself because you are."

Gavin let out a long and loud muffled groan, "Fuck yooooouuu..."

Niner rolled his eyes, sitting on the other couch leaning back.

"You coulda stopped me." Niner could only just make out what Gavin was saying considering he still had his face buried into the couch.

"Don't blame this on me." Niner began, "You're the one who... 'fucked' up." he paused, "Though technically, yes. I could have stopped you. I knew how much Connor appreciated you at the time... Despite only seeing him the one time beforehand. I didn't because I was convincing myself that I didn't care. Because caring would lead me into deviancy."

"You're a fucking deviant..."

"Now. Yes. I am understanding the concept of myself becoming deviant. I don't particularly like it but... I can't fight with it."

Gavin groaned as he flipped over onto his back to stare at the ceiling. Niner noticed how sore his eyes were. He had clearly been crying and his exhaustion levels were high, "I fucked up. So bad. There's no comin' back from this."

"Perhaps not." Niner said, his eyes scanning Gavin once again. He then stood, "You are dehydrated, Gavin. Perhaps you would be better off with some water instead of coffee."

"That sounds fuckin' perfect." he could actually go for a cold drink right now. He had the biggest headache and his throat was extremely sore. 

The android nodded before heading into the kitchen.

Gavin had began to help him deal with Lara. Sure... He wasn't exactly happy with the way Gavin had been treating Connor but... He couldn't leave Gavin alone after he got him away from his crazy abusive owner.

"I don't even know why I did it. I barely fuckin' remember that night. All I remember is us goin' to the Eden Club and then I somehow ended up sleepin' with Lara." Gavin groaned again as Niner entered the room. Niner placed the glass of water onto the coffee table before helping Gavin up into a sitting poisition.

Niner handed the glass to Gavin before sitting next to him, he looked at the man in confusion, "What do you mean by you don't remember?"

Gavin took a long gulp before shrugging, "I don't know. I just... I hardly remember anything we did at the Eden Club."

"Did you... Drink anything?"

"No. And if I did I don't fuckin' remember." the water was helping his dry lips and sore throat. It was definitely better than coffee right now.

That was strange. Niner recalled back to the time they were at the Eden Club. He remembered them entering. Pretending to be a family who had brought back a faulty android they had rented. Yes. Gavin had kissed Lara but that was to make it more believeable. He remembered the grimace on Gavin's face after it had happened.