Chapter 16: Insecurities

Gavin made a mental note of the location of Jericho.

For future reference.

"Ah, I hate the night shift." Gavin groaned, leaning back in his chair with his feet up on his desk, "Nothin' ever happens."

Connor leaned against Gavin's desk and looked around the station, there were a few people around, "We have to finish writing up our reports and then we can leave."

"That's gonna take fuckin' hours. It's already eleven o clock. By the time I've finished I'll be here 'til three in the morning."

"I'll stay as long as you stay."

"Don't have to do that, Con." Gavin took his feet off the desk and leaned foward placing his hands on his keyboard, "Hank'll be wondering where you are."

"I don't mind waiting for you to finish." Connor smiled.

Gavin smiled back in thanks before his eyes focused back onto the screen.

"Reed! My office!" Fowler's voice boomed throughout the station.

He groaned as he stood up, "I can't get a damn break around here." he then felt a pat on his ass as he walked by Connor. He stopped and turned to look at Connor, "Gettin' risky eh, dipshit?"

Connor shrugged as he folded his arms, "Don't know what you're talking about."

"Really, babe?" Gavin took a step towards the android, placing his hands on the desk either side of him, "It's my job to do shit like that." he pressed his lips to Connor's.

"Reed! Keep that shit at home!" Fowler shouted again causing Gavin to pull away from Connor.

Gavin rolled his eyes before pecking the android's lips once more, "See you in bit, sweetheart." he patted the android's cheek before heading towards Fowler's office.

Connor was speechless, his LED flashing yellow.

Did Gavin really just pin him up against a desk and kiss him in front of their co-workers?

Connor brought his fingers to his lips before quickly retracting them and shaking his head of his thoughts. He quickly headed to his desk and sat down, trying his best to ignore his co-workers who had their eyes on him in utter confusion.

He tried his hardest to focus on his screen.

After a few minutes of mindless typing, Gavin exited Fowler's office and headed towards Connor, "As if I haven't got enough to do." Gavin groaned as he unexpectedly sat in Connor's lap, arm wrapped around the android's neck.

"Uhh... Wh-What did the Captain want?" Thirium spread to Connor's face as his hands gripped tight onto the armrests.

"Chris is away for a few months doing business elsewhere so Fowler's assigned me a new partner. Well... Two partners. One human, one android. Both newbies. They're supposed to be arriving to do the night shift in about half hour. We're going over to the Eden Club to investigate that Red Ice case we were supposed to do."

"What model of android will you be working with?" Connor said, trying to ignore the heat in his stomach as Gavin shifted ever so slightly on his lap.

"No fuckin' idea. Don't know anything about either of em."

"I... I'm sure you will all get along well. Do they both know eachother?"

"I assume so." Gavin said finally gettting a good look at Connor's face, "What's got you all worked up, babe?" his hand coming up to the android's cheek which only increased the blue blush.