Chapter 11: Gavin's Hatred Bubbles

(Gavin is like bi-polar or something I swear...)

Gavin was talking to a few of his co-workers, coffee in his hand.

Hank sat down at his desk and glared at him before his eyes shifted towards Connor who was sitting at his desk. He was reading the file that Gavin had given him earlier.

How could Connor not see that Gavin was being manipulative? Hank hadn't even been here to witness the shit Gavin had been putting Connor through but he knew... He knew that Gavin had been emotionally abusive towards the android and Connor was just so clueless.

"Connor-"

"If you are going to bring Gavin into this conversation, Hank. I would greatly appreciate it if you refrained youself." Connor replied, his eyes still glued to the pages in his hands. His LED spinning yellow as he processed the information.

Hank sighed as his fingers returned to the keyboard in front of him, "Just lookin' out for you kiddo."

"I know..." Connor assured him, his LED going back to blue as he put the file down.

There was suspicion that the Eden Club was involved in illegal Red Ice production and they were forcing homeless androids to produce it for them to sell.

God knows why Fowler decided to put Connor and Gavin together on this case.

"I can talk to Fowler if you want." Hank started, "See if I can do this case with you instead of Reed."

"It's quite all right, Hank." Connor replied, "We're going to go over there once Gavin has finished his break."

Hank groaned, "Why the fuck do you trust him, Connor? He's quite clearly messing around with your newly-found emotions and you're just lettin' him do it!"

Connor's metallic heart sped up as his LED went red.

He couldn't leave Gavin.

He just couldn't.

Truth be told, Connor couldn't really see what the outcome would be if he left Gavin.

He didn't know if he was going to be happy or if he was just going to be broken down even more than he was now.

"I... Don't know." Connor answered truthfully, "I don't know why."

"Connor..." Hank leaned forwards in his seat, hands clasping together on his desk, "I know you're confused. You're not used to shit like this. I'm sitting here in complete and utter disbelief when you say you love that asshole. Cuz what it seems like is that you're just tryin' to convince yourself that you actually do."

Connor's hands shook as he typed on his computer, "I do."

"There you go again, Connor... You're gonna keep on tellin' yourself that and it is going to destroy you."

Footsteps approached, "All right! Lets go, dipshit! Eden Club is open now." Gavin said.

Hank glared at him, "Better watch what you say, Reed."

"Yeah, yeah, what-the-fuck-ever." he grabbed onto Connor's arm and pulled him up from his chair before leading him to the exit.

-x-

"How you wanna go about doin' this?" Gavin asked, parked just outside of the Eden Club, "Just walk straight in as cops or go in undercover?"

Connor's LED went yellow as he tried to predict outcomes, "Going undercover might be our best option. But I am unsure as to what we would disguise ourselves as."

Gavin leaned back into seat, thinking about what they could do in order to investigate unnoticed.

He then smirked before turning his head to look at Connor, "You might not like this, but hear me out." Gavin paused, "You pretend to be one of their highly advanced sex robots. I pretend I found you on the street and I was merely doing them a favour by returning you. They put you into the storage unit in the back and we work ourselves up from the there."