Chapter 33: Opposites Attract

(THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE RESPONSES TO THIS STORY! LOVE YOU ALL! SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!)

Gavin let out a deep breath, running a hand through his hair as he looked at himself throigh the rear-view mirror. He then leaned back in his seat and looked out of the window towards the Anderson's house.

He should just leave.

He should just go home.

He should be anywhere apart from here.

It was clear to him that Connor wanted to try again.

Oh, what Gavin would give to be in a healthy relationship with the android. But there was a small part of Gavin that didn't want to.

He didn't want to hurt Connor again.

But he stayed. He let out another sigh as his hands clutched the steering wheel. He took a quick glance back at the rear-view mirror before his eyes landed on the front door of the house once again.

He pulled out his phone.

6:59.

Connor would definitely be out at exactly 7:00.

He hadn't exacly planned anything for the night. He hoped that it would just come naturally. 

A smile appeared on his face as he saw Connor exiting the house.

Gavin rolled his shoulders back as he tried to calm his racing heart. Connor walked around the car to enter the passenger seat.

The android unexpectedly leaned over and kissed his cheek, "It is a pleasure to see you again, Gavin." his lips had lingered before pulling away, "Do you have anything planned for tonight?"

Gavin cleared his throat, "Uhh... N-No. Not really. Didn't really think that far ahead."

Connor's hand then moved to rest on Gavin's thigh, "Well. That's okay. I'm sure we'll think of something."

Okaaay... Connor was being extremely touchy-feely. Gavin wasn't against it by any means but... it was unexpected.

"We could just drive around for a while." Gavin suggested, "Until we think of somethin'."

Connor nodded, removing his hand from Gavin's leg.

Gavin started up the car, "Then that's settled." he smirked.

"Can uhh... Can we listen to music?" Connor asked, "I haven't listened to any since the last time I listened with you."

"Sure." he remembered having a good time listening to music with Connor. That was one of the positives about their relationship, "Any requests?"

"Anything but Justin Bieber. I don't understand your weird obsession with him."

"It's not my fault the songs are catchy." Gavin held his hands up in defence as his smirk remained on his face.

Connor wanted to kiss that fucking smirk off of his face.

-x-

Gavin had rolled both of the windows down, allowing the cool night air to run throughout the car.

He felt at ease knowing that Connor was next to him.

It felt like they had never even broken up in the first place. Everything just felt so normal.

"I still question your choice of songs." Connor smiled, enjoying the wind flowing through his hair. His eyes focused on the buildings and cars they drove past.