Chapter 30: Young Love

Connor leaned back in his chair with his feet up on the desk and his arms folded. He looked up at the ceiling, trying to think of anything other than Gavin. He clenched his fists together as his LED flashed red. The thought of Niner getting to spend time with him made his anger boil.

Hank walked over to him and pushed his feet off the desk, "Gavin's a bad fuckin' influence on you." he glared at him.

"Why are you here anyways?" Connor asked, not wanting to have Gavin as the topic of conversation.

"Came to give Gavin a piece of my mind. Where the fuck is he?"

"How should I know?" Connor was angry, annoyed, sad... The list could go on. He just wanted to be alone with his thoughts, "He's gone out with Niner."

Hank noticed Connor's red LED, "Oh, come on, Connor! You'll find someone better than that asshole."

Connor didn't think that. He thought that Gavin would be the only one who would ever understand him. The only human who would ever date him. He didn't really consider the possibility of being with another android. There was no way one of them would accept after he had hunted deviants in his past.

"Gavin's the only one who understands me. Just... Can we talk about something else please?"

"Connor..." Hank sighed as he leaned against the desk, ignoring his please, "Gavin is an asshole. He hates androids and he always will. He won't change."

"He will." Connor muttered, looking away from Hank. He felt himself tense up as tears fell from his eyes. He was hating this. He was hating the ability to feel emotion.

Hank quickly leaned down and pulled the android into a hug. Connor loosely put his own arms around Hank, "Come on, kiddo. Lets get you outside and calm down." he helped Connor to his feet before they headed for the exit, "And Fowler would appreciate it if you told him the passcode to the interrogation room..."

"B-But we can't let Fawkes go!" Connor became worried as they made their way outside.

"I know, I know." Hank said leaning against a wall, watching people leave and enter the station, "But lockin' him in the interrogation room won't help us at all. Fowler respects androids but not everybody else does. Locking Fawkes away for assaulting an android would cause an outrage in the public."

"We're people too... The Captain should do the right thing and keep him locked away."

"I couldn't ask for anything more, Connor."

Connor clenched his fists together, "I know keeping him locked in the interrogation room isn't the wisest idea... But if Gavin wants him in there then I will keep him in there."

"There you go again listening to what Gavin fuckin' wants!"

"I respect him."

"He doesn't respect you."

"Yes he does." Connor said, glaring at Hank, "You think he doesn't. But he does." he folded his arms and leaned against the wall, his back flat against it.

"Connor-"

Connor cut him off, "He cares for me, Hank. So I will return the same kind of lov-" he paused, "I will return the same kind of respect. If he didn't care about me then he wouldn't be wanting Fawkes behind bars."

The android did have a point.

Maybe a small part does actually respect Connor.

"You can't continue lettin' your life revolve around Gavin. You have your freedom now. You can what you want in life. I understand that you respect that asshole... But please. Don't let Gavin control what you do. You'll find a better love in the near future. Trust me."