Chapter 24: Affection

The last thing that Connor heard was a gunshot.

Well...

He was dead.

Surely?

That's what he thought as his hearing started to die.

His eyes fluttered open. 

Fawkes fell from the bed, clutching his arm in pain. Connor tried to focus his vision on the figure at the door.

"N-Niner?" Connor asked, his voice weak. Another figure quickly pushed past Niner and headed towards him. A small smile graced the android's lips, "G-Gavin."

"Connor! Fuck, fuck, fuck, you're gonna be okay!" Gavin quickly hovered over Connor, his hands moving to the android's cheeks in comfort.

Niner made his way over to Fawkes and put his foot on him to stop his movements and pin him to the floor, "Get the fuck off me, plastic!"

"I suggest you stay quiet." Niner said, aiming his gun at the man's head.

Gavin's hand trailed down Connor and noticed that his regulator was missing, "Your regulator?! Where is it?!" his eyes started to scan around the room.

Connor's hand weakly rose before pointing underneath the desk at the side of the room.

*TIME REMAINING BEFORE SHUTDOWN - 00:00:34*

Gavin wasted no time in jumping from the bed and heading over towards the desk, he kneeled down to reach under and grab the Thirium covered regulator.

"Don't fuckin' give it that! It deserves to be taught a fucking lesson!" Fawkes exclaimed.

"Shut. Up." Niner ordered, "Be a good little obedient human and do us all a favour. Don't say another word."

Gavin quickly hovered over Connor once again on the bed, his hand shaky as he reinserted the regulator.

Connor's LED shone a bright red as he felt his systems coming back to life.

The pain coming from the gunshot wound, bite marks in his neck and the pain coming from his now restored regulator were almost unbearable.

He hadn't even noticed until now the Thirium that was dripping from his LED. Fawkes must have broken the artificial skin there after pressing hard with the gun.

"Gavin..." his voice was still weak as his components started to reboot.

"It's okay, babe. I'm here." Gavin ran a hand through Connor's hair, his other hand gripped onto the android's, squeezing in reassurance.

"It hurts-"

Gavin shushed him, "I know, I know." he pressed a kiss to Connor's forehead before moving down to kiss his tears away.

Connor noticed that Gavin was being so gentle with him. He had never been this careful around him at all. His hands were moving slow, as if he was afraid that he would break him.

"M-My Thirium levels are dangerously low, Gavin..."

Gavin nodded, noticing the Thirium flowing from his regulator, arm and temple.

Gavin was furious. Anger flooded through him.

Fawkes had gone way too far this time.

"Detective Reed..." Niner said with warning as Gavin stood from the bed. Niner could sense his anger and knew that his intent was to kill Fawkes. Gavin pulled out his gun and aimed at Fawkes' head, "Gavin. Don't."