Chapter 50: Gun Shots

Connor was cut off by a loud gunshot ringing throughout the station.

"Jesus Christ!" Lara exclaimed as she looked towards the entrance of the break room, "The fuck are you doing, Reed!?" she shouted to get his attention.

"I was about to ask the same thing." Connor said.

Gavin had fired a single bullet into the floor of the station, "Oh-" he was cut off.

"DETECTIVE REED! SHOOTING A GUN IS WHAT GOT YOU FIRED LAST TIME AND YOU WANNA TRY THAT SHIT AGAIN?!" Fowler's voice boomed.

"I thought the safety was off! Fuckin' Christ..." he replied as he put the gun in his back pocket before entering the break room, "What's goin' on in here, huh?"

"Just making you some coffee." Connor said.

Gavin nodded, "Thanks. Definitely need it if I want to stay awake." he then looked at Lara, "You better not be talking shit to Connor."

"What you gonna do? Shoot me again?"

"If it comes to it." Gavin glared.

"Gavin." Connor said, "Be nice."

"Like I'm gonna be nice to someone like her!"

"Didn't ask you to." Lara replied, "I still don't know why you love a fucking android."

Gavin chuckled before walking towards Connor, "Has a bigger heart than you." he said before pulling Connor's lips down to his, his arms wrapped around the android's neck.

Lara scoffed before leaving, "Fucking disgusting."

Once Gavin pulled away, Connor spoke, "You know she has some sort of feelings towards you, Gavin."

He nodded, "I figured. I'm not leaving you for her. So don't worry." he said as he pulled Connor into a hug, "I'm not leaving you for anyone." he murmered against Connor's chest.

Connor nodded as his arms tightened around Gavin's waist. He then recalled back to when Fowler had shouted at Gavin, "Did the Captain call you Detective Reed?"

He nodded in response, "He said he's puttin' me on trial. Whatever the fuck that means. Why do I need to be put on a trial?!" he questioned as he pulled away from the android.

"You did shoot someone."

"She deserved it." he replied, "Fowler said that he will look at getting Lara suspended for a few weeks. Bitch needs to be fired for good if you ask me."

"It's better than nothing." Connor said before he turned to begin pouring the coffee. He then felt Gavin's arms wrap around his waist and the man's cheek against his back,

"You gave me a fuckin' heart attack, Con." Gavin mumbled, "When Fowler called me sayin' that you had been stabbed. I can't even begin to describe how I felt."

"You know I would've been okay. I am an android afterall." Connor said as he turned around in Gavin's arms, "If I was to shut down I would've been repaired."

Gavin shook his head, "That doesn't fucking matter. I don't wanna risk you losin' any of your memories cuz I know that shit happens sometimes."

Connor's hand came up to Gavin's jaw, "I understand. I will try and stay out of trouble when it comes to Lara and Fawkes."

"Good." Gavin stated. One of his hands came up to Connor's chest, he felt the dried Thirium. Only a few wet droplets were pouring out, "Shit. That musta hurt."

"It wasn't too bad." Connor assured, "My self-repair feature has already kicked in so it shouldn't be too long until I am fixed."

"Speakin' of self-repair..." Gavin muttered before putting both of his hands around the back of Connor's neck, "What's happening with Nines? His eye is still pretty fucked up."