Chapter 40: I Think I Wanna Marry You

"I miss Connnnooooor..." Gavin groaned, finding himself slung over Niner's shoulder once again.

"I know. You have said that exactly thirty two times since we left the bar and we haven't even arrived at the car yet."

"I'm not drunk."

Niner nodded, "Nope. Definitely not."

"You're drunk."

"Yep." Niner agreed, putting Gavin into the passenger seat before making his way to the driver's side.

Gavin leaned over to place a hand on Niner's shoulder, "Can we go to Connor's so I can have se-"

"No!" Niner exclaimed, "I will not be allowing that to happen. It is 10pm and we are going back to your place. I wouldn't be surprised if you have alcohol poisoning."

Gavin groaned leaning his head against the window, letting his hand drop from Niner's shoulder, "Put the fuckin' radio on. I don't care what CD it is just leave it."

Niner switched the car on before moving to the radio.

"I swear... You better not have cringeworthy or cheesy songs on here, Gavin."

"They're all cringy."

Niner braced himself.

It's a beautiful night
We're looking for something dumb to do
Hey, baby
I think I wanna marry you

"Fuckin' hell, Niney. I'm flattered. But we're not even in a relationship. I'm gonna have to decline your offer."

"I would never even think about asking you."

"Well, that's just rude. I'm perfectly good wife material."

Niner nodded, beginning to drive off, "Perfect wife material. Right."

"If we wake up and you wanna break up that's cool. No I won't blame you." Gavin's words were heavily slurred. Niner tried his best to ignore him, "...Cuz it's a beautiful night. We're lookin' for something dumb to do. Hey, baby. I think I wanna marry. Is it the look in your eyes? Or is it this dancing juice? Who cares, baby. I think I wanna marry you. Just say I DOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

"For someone who is heavily intoxicated you sure remember the damn words."

"You just don't like me." Gavin groaned.

"You're right. I fuckin' hate you." Niner gave him a small smile before focusing back on the road.

-x-

"I think it's time that we stopped being friends, no I don't wanna be friends... Don't want your bromance!" Gavin's eyes were closed as he tried to focus on the songs, his cheek was pressed against the car window, "...Caught in a bad bromance. Oooooooooooh. Baby, caught in a bad bromance."

"I'm sorry, but... What the fuck do you even listen to?"

"Art." Gavin groaned out.

Niner was about to switch the radio off before Gavin let out an extremely loud groan, pleading him not to, "Humans are strange..."

-x-

"Ooh, can you feel me now? With the taste of your lips I'm on a riiiide. You're toxic, I'm slipping under. With the taste of a poison paradise. I'm addicted to you, don't you know that you're toxic?"

Niner sighed, "You're definetly in a poison paradise. Alcohol poisoning."

"You're ruining the song." Gavin groaned for the 100th time tonight.

There had been a number of songs. Niner analysed them to be from Queen, Beyonce, Backstreet Boys, Smash Mouth, Nirvana. He had a weird taste in music...