Chapter 10: Return to Me

(TRUE LOVE PINK COVER... THIS LEGIT DESCRIBES CONNOR X GAVIN IN THIS STORY OML)

He was tired.

So tired.

He hadn't slept in days in the shitty motel room he had been paying for. He didn't want Hank to know where he was.

It was now Friday and Gavin had decided to go into work. He had called Fowler a few days ago and asked for some time off, surprisingly he was okay with it.

He couldn't concentrate on anything. 

Gavin was also surprised that Hank hadn't arrived yet. He was definitely not looking forward to confronting him.

"Reed! My office!" a shout made Gavin jump slightly before he composed himself and stood up. He quickly made his way to Fowler's office.

"What do you want?" Gavin asked as he shut the door, his voice almost monotone.

Fowler glared at him, "Less of the fuckin' attitude, Reed. I'm assigning you and Connor to work a case together."

His heart ached at the mention of Connor's name before he asked, "C-Connor? But he's-"

"He's late, I know. Something about a meeting with the creator of CyberLife. None of my fucking business." he searched through the papers on his desk, "Here's the file on the case. Go over it properly this time, okay?"

Gavin wasn't sure if his ears were lying to him. Connor couldn't be at a meeting with his creator.

Could he?

"You just gonna stare at me all fuckin' day or are you actually gonna take the damn file?!" Fowler asked, annoyance clearly in his voice.

"S-Sure. Whatever." he snatched the file before turning to leave. 

He headed down the stairs, his eyes too busy being focused on the file instead of actually noticing the person he was about to bump into.

Gavin quickly crouched down to pick up the dropped file, "Shit. Look where you're going ass... hole..." he trailed off as he looked up and saw who it was, "C-Connor?"

"Detective Reed." he replied.

Gavin didn't care. He lunged himself forward to bring the android into a hug, his face instantly buring into his neck.

Connor's hands twitched.

Gavin couldn't quite believe that his boyfriend was standing right here in front of me. Clearly alive.

"Detective Reed, if I may. I believe that we have been assigned a case together and it would greatly help me if I could take a look at the file."

Gavin pulled away to raise an eyebrow at the android, "Is everything all right, Connor?"

His LED went yellow briefly, before returning to blue, "I have just conducted a minor self-check and all my systems seem to be in working order. I am perfectly fine." he paused, "You must be wondering how I am here. Hank had contacted the founder of CyberLife. He explained the situation and Kamski agreed to help, resulting in him replacing my biocomponent and giving me a reboot."

"What the fuck does a reboot consist of?"

"It is essentially just a restart. Aspects such as important memories are still intact. My sensory components have also been upgraded in order to work more efficiently."

"You remember everything there is to know about me though, right?"

Connor went through his memory banks before nodding and snatching the file out of the Detective's hands, "Yes. You're the asshole who deep down still hates androids. I know we are... 'together'. B-But don't you think that it's time we went our separate ways?"