Chapter 12: All in the Past

"Gavin...?" Connor started, his eyes on the road ahead.

"Hm?"

"This is not the way to Hank's... This is completely the wrong direction."

Gavin nodded, his hands tense on the steering wheel, "I know."

"I want to go home, Gavin." Connor's eyes narrowed, his LED red as he turned his head to look at the Detective.

"Babe..." Gavin muttered. Connor cringed at the word, "Just trust me on this one."

"Why should I trust you? After everything you have put me through?" Connor was beginning to snap.

Gavin was taken back by Connor's sudden anger. He never expected the android to actually confront him about this, "Con..."

"I don't think I can take much more of this, Gavin." Connor admitted, "You constantly pretended like you hardly knew me in front of everyone at work. That was bad enough. And now you think that my emotions are pretty much just errors in my software."

Connor was finally starting to understand the concept of 'Emotional Abuse'. And that was definitely what he was experiencing right now.

It felt like it hurt a lot more than that time he got shot in that alleyway.

Gavin spoke as he pulled up to their destination, "I don't think that, Connor."

"You do." Connor stated, LED glowing a brighter red, "I have realised... You only say that you love me to mask the deep hatred you actually have towards androids."

Gavin really didn't think that.

He 100% loved Connor and he had no idea on how to express it.

Connor then realised where they were, "Why? Why have you brought us here?"

"Wanted to talk with you in peace. First place that came to my mind." he said, "Ten minutes. Then I will take you home."

-x-

The two walked through the park. The sun was setting so a soft glow casted over them.

"This hill is still fuckin' steep..." Gavin groaned.

"It is common sense." Connor stated, "The hill will obviously remain approximately the same steepness as it did the last time."

Gavin decided to ignore Connor's smartass comment - Knowing that it would probably burst into another argument if he acknowledged it... and that would not help their situation at all.

Upon arriving at the top of the hill, Gavin sat in the grass with his legs folded. Connor copied and sat next to him reluctantly.

Gavin didn't even know where to start.

He wanted to try and make things right with Connor.

He just didn't now where to start.

"I know why you want to talk to me Gavin and honestly? I don't want to talk about it." Connor started up the conversation.

"I'm a fuckin' asshole, Connor. I ain't gonna lie."

Connor nodded, "Yes. You are."

"And I give you full permission to slap and or punch me in the face."

Connor smiled at that, "I'm flattered. But I don't want to."

"You sure?" Gavin smiled back, "I don't mind."

"It's quite all right." Connor replied.

"Well... If you ever need to vent your anger through violence. Come to me." Gavin chuckled.