Chapter 26: Don't Go...

(WHEN YOU'RE LISTENING TO EMOTIONAL AF SONGS WHILST WRITING A CHAPTER LIKE THIS DAMN. Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars is beautiful af.)

Kamski, Gavin and Connor had been away for quite some time now...

"So." Chloe began, looking at Niner, "You work with Connor and Detective Reed often?"

"No. I work alongside my partner Lara at the DPD."

"I was unaware of an RK900 model being created."

Niner began to explain, "I am a slightly upgraded version of the RK800. I am able to analyse substances a lot faster. I am also stronger and I have a quick search feature, allowing me to gain research information at a faster pace if necessary."

Chloe smiled genuine interest, "I bet that really helps you with cases. How long have you been a deviant?"

Niner's LED went yellow before he shook his head, "Oh no... I-I'm not a deviant. I'm just a machine."

"Really?" Chloe wondered, "You know, you're much more than that, Niner. You're not just a machine."

"I was designed to aid the DPD. That is all." his LED began to flash yellow.

"You know that's not true." Chloe said in her usual calm voice, "You'll see one day, Niner... That you are alive."

-x-

Connor had been sent into sleep-mode in order to allow the Thirium to flow properly throughout him. It also allowed his systems to get used to the new LED and regulator.

"Bet they've fuckin' kept in touch with you, haven't they?" Gavin glared at his brother from across the room as he leaned against a wall with his arms folded.

"Our parents? Of course they keep in touch. They told me that they ring you at least once a week to see how you're doing."

"Well that's a fuckin' lie." his glare became colder.

Kamski sighed, clearing away the damaged biocomponents, "It is not my fault they don't talk to you."

"Not your fault?! They've only ever cared about you, for fuck sake! You remember when they kicked me out!"

"They let you back in didn't they?"

"Yeah, after about three months!"

Elijah just groaned at him, "It's your fault for having a one night fling with someone under their roof."

"That wasn't the fucking problem. They'd caught me sleepin' with some girl I met before and all they gave me was a slap on the hand. They kicked me out cuz I was in bed with a fuckin' guy!"

"You were reckless."

Gavin took a deep breath, "I was not reckless... I did everything I could to try and gain their trust. They were always focused on you. They acted like I didn't even exist most the damn time." he paused, "I would fucking love to go and see 'em. I'd take Connor with me and fuck him right in front of them."

"That is the kind of information you need to keep to yourself." Kamski stated, moving to look over Connor's body once more. His neck wounds were already far into the healing process, his gunshot wound needed time, "You and my RK800... That is a rarity, isn't it? My own brother actually falling in love with an android."

"It's none of your fucking business."

"It might aswell be. I don't know how I feel about you contaminating one of my androids."

"He's my android." Gavin corrected, "And he would choose me over you anyday." he stepped away from the wall.

"And I don't doubt that. But tell me, Gavin... You used to hate androids. What changed?"