Chapter 3 - Reunions

It was a chaos.

A completely intended chaos as Stewart showed up at the airport with two people that weren't invited at all.

"Why is Scarlet's assistant doing here?" Lauren asked as soon as Stewart and Katie walked over to them with the uninvited people; Clark and his younger sister, who looked to be about 16 years old.

Clark gave Lauren a smile which looked too sleazy for Scarlet's liking as she quickly wrapped an arm around her fiancé.

"Well, I do have a name, darling."

Katie raised an eyebrow up at him as she glanced at Scarlet, who could only squint her eyes at the dark-haired man. "What is he doing here?" The blonde woman addressed Stewart particularly now, as she gave him a subtle glare as well.

Stewart gave her a sly smile before explaining, "Well, since we need to send that magazine for publishing, we need Scarlet to do what she does best." He paused to smile at Scarlet, who was busy frowning, before continuing, "So, I thought I'd bring along help so that she doesn't have to do all the work during her wedding preparations."

"Oh, you are so evil, Stew." Lauren glared at her brother, who only gave her a smirk. "I try."

"Don't we have a flight?" Clark's 16-year-old sister piped in with boredom as she glanced at each of the adults surrounding her. Clark nodded before he glanced at Katie, and suddenly held out a hand for her.

"They say if you hold hands while doing something, whatever you do becomes blessed." Scarlet wanted to laugh at the horrible pick up line he was using to just hold Katie's hand, but frowned instead when Katie subtly blushed.

She pulled her suitcase away from her four travel mates as she decided to walk towards the ticket line.

Lauren raised an eyebrow at the way Katie reacted to Clark's flirtatious actions, before she followed her fiancé to also walk over to the ticket line.

Everyone knew that this was not going to turn out well, especially for Scarlet, since now she had to work on that magazine even when she had taken a month off from work.

Life was just too cruel to her.

And she was finding out too late that the universe was completely against her.

...................................................................................

"Oh, my little girl!" Scarlet tried to save herself from the bone-crushing hug but couldn't since she had no where to escape and Lauren wasn't much of a help either as she was herself hugging Aunt Wanda with happiness.

"Mom!" Scarlet whined which made her mother squeeze her a bit more.

"What else do you expect me to do? My youngest is finally getting married! I'm over the moon!" Laura Payne exclaimed happily as she squeezed and swayed her daughter side to side. She was just so excited to finally see her daughter and Lauren after so many years (3 to be exact).

"Will you kill the girl before she gets to hug her grandma, now?" Scarlet managed to laugh while being suffocated as she looked over at her grandmother who was now sitting on a wheelchair.

Scarlet had been in touch with Blake, who was enough to keep her updated on life at the Payne household. Technically, after Vanessa's wedding Jared and Wanda decided to move in with them since grandma Payne was getting older and as stubborn as always, so to take more care of her, the couple moved in with Scarlet's parents and grandmother, with their two sons; Blake and Gregory.