Chapter 7 - They Call Me A Savage

Song Used: Rihanna - Needed Me

The Payne family was sitting in front of the Carla Grayson, mother of Stewart and Lauren Grayson. She, however, didn't take her eyes off of Lauren and Samantha for some reason.

"What is the meaning of all this?" She asked again, facing Lauren, as if it wasn't enough for her to ask in the previous chapter. Lauren didn't answer her repeated question as she bowed her down and nudged Stewart.

He uncomfortably rubbed his side before glancing at Lauren and turning his focus on his mother. "Mother, what a pleasant surprise, yes?" Carla didn't think so as she gave her son a glare.

"A surprise, yes, pleasant, I don't think so."

Scarlet gulped as she heard what her mother-in-law spoke and how she said it. It made her afraid to come out to her as the woman her daughter was marrying so the time being she remained behind her bulky cousin, who was finding the scene way too amusing.

"Isn't it amazing how young Lauren's mom looks?" Blake whispered to Juliet ignoring the fact that a scared Scarlet was hiding behind him. Katie nodded her head unconsciously even when Blake was addressing Juliet.

"I'm looking forward to what she'll do when she finds out Scarlet is marrying Lauren." Juliet chuckled in a low voice, which made Scarlet smack both of their napes with a frown.

"Sometimes I wonder whose side you both are on."

"Don't worry boss, I'll be on your side." Clark whispered to his boss, who gave him an appreciative smile before glaring at her cousins' backs.

"Now answer my question. Why did you come here out of all the places in the world?" Ms. Carla asked with a serious expression as she looked at her daughter, completely ignoring her son.

"I wanted to have a quiet wedding here." Lauren muttered more to herself than to her mother, as she kept her head bowed. Scarlet wanted to help her fiancé but she wasn't sure if she would be more of help or not. Who knew what Lauren's mother would do?

"Speak up, child!"

"I was here to have my wedding!" Lauren burst out as she looked up at her mother, who was taken aback by her reply but didn't take long to compose herself. "And why did you find the need to have your wedding here? It's such a small town, there's nothing here."

"Mom, my fiancé's family is here. And I wanted to share my joy with them." It was like Ms. Carla was noticing the Payne family for the first time as she glanced at them before looking at Blake in particular.

"Is that the numbskull you're marrying?" She asked as she pointed her finger towards an unsuspecting Blake, who widened his eyes and began to shake his head frantically with his hands raising up in defense.

"Oh, no ma'am, it's –" He didn't have time to correct her wrong assumption as he found himself being in a headlock which was done by none other than the woman herself. "I'm sure, you set my daughter up to do this! You disappointing man!"

Scarlet didn't know what to do as she saw her cousin being tortured in a head lock by a woman, a way older – but young looking – woman at that too.

As Lauren stood up to pull her mother away from the innocent guy, who was about to cry for his life, Scarlet had already separated the two. She pulled her cousin away from the woman, and he didn't waste anytime to hide behind Scarlet, who could only give Ms. Carla a faint smile.

"Uh, I'm the one marrying your daughter, ma'am."

Lauren looked at Scarlet, as she stood in front of the older woman with her best rendition of a forced smile. Ms. Carla glanced back at her daughter, who nodded her head confirming the queries that her mother held.