Chapter 22 - The Andersons and Poor Juliet

Previously on 'At Scarlet's Wedding':

The Payne family mixed up with the Graysons, the Andersons, and our guests; Katie, Clark, and Angela; had gotten to the cabin they were supposed to go to. They all were excited as they happily ventured into the large wooden place without even expecting anything out of the ordinary. But the Payne men – as well as Juliet – notice someone else's car in the driveway, which does not belong to any of them.

And it doesn't make anything better that when all the men are outside, they hear a female scream from the cabin.

Whose car might it be? Who was the one that screamed? Who was there in the cabin already? Was this going to be like Friday the 13th? Why was all this happening in the afternoon? Didn't all horror movie stuff start in the night? Why do I keep asking weird questions? Why is this getting longer than I initially intended?

We might never find out the answers to all these questions, and probably, I might add some more questions later.

But in the meanwhile, why don't you all continue reading.

Well, that was not a question, take it as a request or a command. (Mostly an order) Anyway, carry on. I'll stop rambling now.

Present Time:

"What in the name of Kevin were you both doing in there even!?" Vanessa asked her in-laws as she tried to comfort a traumatized Juliet. The Payne women were all in the master bedroom with the Grayson women as well. Katie still looked shocked by the scream as she stared at Juliet who had her hands over her eyes.

"Uh, we were just—" Mr. Anderson began to explain when he was cut off by Juliet who yelled at them. "Don't explain anything to them! That's even grosser!"

Vanessa rolled her eyes at her overly-dramatic cousin.

Mr. and Mrs. Anderson stood ashamed as they glanced at each other. "I'm sorry, Juliet dear, that you had to see us like that."

Juliet scoffed as her hands remained on her eyes, "I don't think I'll ever be able to see again."

"Honey, I think you're exaggerating it a bit too much. What were the Andersons even doing in the first place that has you like this?" Judith came over to her daughter, who made a disgusted expression.

"Oh, it feels like I just saw you and dad having sex."

Everyone in the room stood shocked as they understood from Juliet's sentence about what had happened. The Andersons looked embarrassed as they looked at the floor.

"So, I guess we all know whose room this would be for a week." Grandma Payne snickered which made Carla chuckle. "Mother! You're not making anything better." Laura reprimanded the old woman as she gave Grandma Payne a sharp look.

"Ugh, I can't believe you'd think of even doing that here." Vanessa frowned as she rubbed her forehead.

It was a good thing that all the kids were in the large living area of the large cabin. They were the only ones apart from the men to not witness this weird conversation.

"It's just that when we arrived here, there was this romantic setup in this room and I thought it was for us." Juliet sighed with frustration. "I did that for Lauren and Scarlet!"

Lauren laughed as Juliet began to feel around for someone with one of her hands still over her eyes, "Lauren." She called out and was met with the blonde woman's hand, who chuckled at the red-head.

"I'm sorry, Lauren, I didn't know that Vanessa had such weird in-laws." Mr. and Mrs. Anderson squinted their eyes at the red-head. Judith slapped her daughter's arm for being rude to the Andersons while Vanessa just enjoyed her in-laws all embarrassed and made fun of them. It was quite refreshing to her, and a little bit sadistic, but refreshing nonetheless.