Chapter 18 - That Disappointing Woman

Music Used: A Different Way - Lauv, DJ Snake

"Scarlet!" The dark-haired woman groaned while rolling around on her mattress. She was currently in the basement room, trying to find something to do which then turned into just laying around.

"Scarlet!"

"What!?" The woman yelled back just as the twins came into the room with smiles on their faces. They looked as if they had great news but their happiness couldn't project itself into Scarlet, as she remained laying on her mattress.

The only thing she did do was turn to her other side and look at the twins with a frown on her face.

"Lauren's here!" It was as if, life was breathed back into Scarlet or maybe the springs in her mattress became extra bouncy since the dark-haired woman got up from her laying position as fast as lightening.

Ed and Ed smirked, already expecting a reaction like that.

"Really?"

"Yeah, Stewart, Lauren and Ms. Carla are here." Scarlet smiled at her cousins before she was out of the room and up the steps of the basement. Ed and Ed smirked before following the woman, who quickly reached the living room in record time.

There, she found Lauren sitting on the sofa with Laura and Carla on her sides. Laura was busy trying to get Lauren to eat a bowl of pudding that she made because she felt like it.

Just as Scarlet and Lauren's eyes met, there was nothing that could stop them from meeting halfway in a hug.

"Oh, I missed you so much." Scarlet spoke as she rubbed her cheek over Lauren's shoulder, who giggled before speaking of how she missed the woman as well.

"Young love." Grandma Payne rolled her eyes to which Carla agreed. Stewart looked over at Juliet after witnessing his sister's reunion with Scarlet. Juliet was gagging with Blake, while Katie laughed at the two.

"Okay, okay, break it up now." Grandma Payne rolled her wheelchair in between them, which caused them to separate. Scarlet didn't even shy away from showing her dislike at the intrusion.

"We didn't come here to see you both hugging each other. That's the last thing I'd want to see." Stewart spoke up as he gave them a look of disgust. Scarlet gave him an eye-roll in reply.

"Then why'd you come here?" Juliet asked the million-dollar question which made Stewart blush before anything else. And after he was done doing that, he answered, "We came here bearing good and bad news."

Scarlet raised an eyebrow, while the Payne members looked confused as to what the news' might be.

"So, which one would you all like to hear first?" Stewart's awkward laugh didn't do anything to rid him of his uneasiness. Surely, the bad news was gonna hit Scarlet and Lauren hard.

"The good news, obviously, who'd like to hear bad news first." Grandma Payne spoke as she rolled over to the side of the room, giving space for Scarlet to sit on the carpeted floor. Scarlet did so without any objection.

"Okay then," Stewart gulped before he smiled since this was good news. "Clark called us and told us about the nice little family cabin he found just outside of town, and I called some people. So, guess who's gonna be going there for a little get away?" Stewart's smile widened as he looked around the living room. Clark was doing the same thing since he was excited to leave the house and go see places in the town, without any work to do or with any pregnant women.

"This little get away; how little are we talking about here?" Laura asked as she raised a questioning eyebrow towards the man, that wasn't ready for that question.