Chapter 15 - Closure

Song used: Narcissist  - No Rome ft. The 1975

The Payne household was bustling with work to be done for not only the upcoming Bachelorette parties for both Lauren and Scarlet, but also because of their wedding. Blake was sent to get the invitation cards made, while Andrew and Jared had gone to the caterers on of their wives' orders.

Katie had volunteered to go with Blake to get the invitation cards made, and the man didn't protest since he had wanted to talk to Katie.

He hadn't talked to the woman properly since the accidental thing he had said to her. Sure, he had followed her to the basement, but he had found her laying on her respective mattress.

Thinking that she was asleep, he left, but unknown to him, she was wide awake.

Angela had been brutal in her scolding as she whacked Blake with the TV remote, while the man kept apologizing for his idiocy.

Scarlet and Clark watched the 16-year-old and shivered with fear whenever she would glance their way.

Juliet was the only one that considered the girl badass since she had such a hold on Blake, and had managed to scare even Scarlet, which was a feat in itself.

Tyler hadn't moved away from Grandma Payne, since the old woman wanted someone to play board games with her, so Andrew and Jared had left their youngest brother to do that.

One thing was for sure, Grandma Payne was a lethal player.

The twins had been watching Angela bake some cookies, while the said girl kept feeding Greg cookie dough. No one knew why Angela was being so kind to Gregory, except for the girl herself, who saw the boy as a younger brother, since she had always wanted a younger sibling.

If it weren't for her mother, who was careless even raising her and her brother, she would've asked her for a sibling, but she knew that it would still be something impossible.

Scarlet was in the basement, texting Lauren about how much she missed her, even when Clark was with her. She kept pouting as she looked at her screen while Clark sighed heavily. He wanted them to do some work, but Scarlet had insisted that she didn't want to work at the moment.

"Scarlet!" Both of them turned their heads towards the door before glancing at each other. Laura called Scarlet again, which was enough to make the woman get up from her mattress with a frown.

"Ugh, what now?" Scarlet groaned as she got out of the room before going up the stairs. The moment she had come out of the basement, she was met with the glaring eyes of her mother.

"Take your cousins to play." The woman was now noticing the twins standing just behind her mother, as Laura glared at Scarlet with her hands placed on her waist. "What, but why? Can't they go play alone, they're older now."

The twins smirked when Laura pinched Scarlet's right ear. "Don't question your mother. Take Ed and Ed to the park or anywhere they want to go." Scarlet rubbed her ear after Laura had been merciful enough to let it go.

There was a frown plastered on Scarlet's face as she watched her mother go into the kitchen, and then her eyes turned towards her two cousins. "You bitches."

"Aunt Laura, Scar is cursing at us!"

"No, I'm not!"

"Scarlet, I better not hear you cursing!" Laura yelled from the kitchen which made Scarlet glare at her cousins. "You both better count yourselves as lucky." She pointed a finger at both of them before going back to the basement, to get Clark.