Chapter 17 - Why am I so Surprised?

Song Used: Sunset - Twice

"Okay, so I got a dope place for the bachelor parties!" Clark announced to the half-dead Payne cousins, his little sister and Katie. All of them groaning as the light in the room was turned on in the middle of the night.

"Ugh, shut the light and your mouth, man." Juliet grumbled as she threw a cushion towards the excited man, but missed his body by a whole feet's distance.

"Come on, get up and see this amazing place!" The laptop in Clark's hand was placed on Juliet while Blake and Scarlet kept groaning into their pillows, laying on their stomachs.

Katie looked at the two and muffled a chuckle as she saw how similar the two were.

The only one that could rid herself of sleep was Katie as she came over to Juliet's mattress and nudged her awake. Meanwhile, Clark showed the awake woman the place he was so excited to show.

"Oh, this is pretty."

"It is, right? And it's not even as expensive as half of the places in this small ass town, and who doesn't like nature, right?" Clark's excitement didn't even falter as Blake managed to hit the back of his head with a cushion.

The guy didn't even budge as he kept showing Katie more pictures of the lake nearby the town they were in. There was also a family cabin near the lake which could easily house the Payne family members, including Lauren's family and the three people that were becoming close to the Payne people as well.

"Nature?" Juliet grumbled as she woke up completely and looked at the guy that was sitting by her feet. "You're not gonna pull a Friday the 13th on us, right?"

"Really now?" Clark raised an eyebrow towards the still sleepy woman, that gave him a smirk. "Who knows why you'd want to take us beautiful people out into the woods?"

"Oh, shut up." One of the twins spoke up from their sleep.

Juliet could only glare at her twin brothers while Katie smiled at their interaction even though it was quite short and filled with hostility. No one liked to have their sleep disturbed.

"You do know that you could have showed us this place in the morning, right, Clark?" Turning to look at the man with the laptop, Juliet gave him a small smile. The man nodded his head before mumbling, "But, I couldn't sleep."

And so, he began to surf the web in search for good places where the whole family could go and no strippers could even be brought, and while doing that, he found the best place in town, or out of it.

"Come here, man, I'll cuddle ya to sleep." Blake mumbled with his eyes closed all the way while he opened up his arms to the ceiling as if calling the ceiling to collapse in his arms.

Katie giggled at how idiotic the man looked but Clark didn't mind as he went to lay in Blake's arm, leaving his laptop right there on Juliet's mattress. The red-head just raised an eyebrow at the two men's actions before looking at the screen of the portable computer.

"Ugh, idiots." The twins sat up to look over at Blake's mattress as he laid on his back with his left arm outstretched. Clark had his head on the outstretched arm as he laid on his right side.

"No, just single men that don't have girlfriends to cuddle." Juliet chimed in as she kept her eyes on the laptop screen. Katie stared at the two men before she turned to look at Scarlet, who had gone back to sleep.

"Who needs girlfriends when you got bros?"

"Do you even know how cringey that sounded?" Angela was the one that spoke up now as she rolled out of her mattress, cracking her neck after. Blake didn't even open her eyes to look at the teenager who got up and went to the bathroom while shaking her head in pity looking at her brother and Blake.