Chapter 39 - After Scarlet's Wedding

Song Used: Domino by Jessie J 

After Lauren and Scarlet were done exchanging rings, Phelix spoke up with finality as he sighed to himself.

"By the power invested in me, I pronounce you both partners for life. You both may now kiss each other."

And just as Lauren and Scarlet finally pulled each other closely to plant their lips against one another's, the double doors of the chapel burst open with multiple cameramen pushing past each other to go take pictures of the two newlyweds.

Stewart pushed Blake and Clark to go hold the uninvited guests off as the security guards were having a hard time with them, as the man himself went over to Leila to ask what the meaning of all of this was.

The Payne family and Carla were torn on what to do, as they looked at how unbothered Scarlet and Lauren were as they were obviously making out with each other at the altar, pulling each other closer in the most innocent way possible.

It was no secret that they missed each other greatly for the past few weeks, and how much a torture it was for both of them to stay apart.

So, the Payne family just cheered in delight while Carla rolled her eyes at their oblivious behavior, even when she, too, was immensely happy for her daughter and her daughter-in-law.

"Who invited these people!?" Stewart asked with a frown as he worried about Scarlet and Lauren, not knowing how undisturbed they were by the flashing cameras and loud people.

Leila frowned before her attention went to Phelix, who was subtly slipping away from the altar. "I'm pretty sure it was the priest."

"That damn bastard." Stewart mumbled to himself as Leila called in more security guards.

Blake and Clark didn't know what they were doing as they became human shields, stopping the paparazzi and reporters from even going near the seats that were occupied by the family and friends.

Scarlet and Lauren had finally broken off their kiss to look at each other lovingly.

"Finally. The lesbians are done making out with each other." Juliet grumbled as she went to the two newlyweds.

It was as if both of them were noticing the things around them for the first time, as Scarlet frowned at the multiple paparazzi and reporters that were being held off by security guards and her two bridesmaids.

Leila came over to the two wives as she spoke to them in a worried tone.

"We need to get you two out of here, I think there are more paparazzi coming."

Lauren frowned as she looked at Scarlet with a sad expression. "But what about our reception?" Scarlet held the woman in her arms as Andrew and Laura came up to the two newlyweds.

"I think these people are here for Lauren."

Scarlet rolled her eyes at her father's obvious statement, before she turned to Leila. They had to make a decision and even when Scarlet didn't like the decision she had made that much, she knew that it was the only way.

"Run away with me."

Lauren turned to Scarlet with a frown as Juliet rolled her eyes. "You both are already married, you idiot."

Scarlet ignored her cousin as she stared at Lauren with a loving smile.

"What about the reception?" Scarlet didn't know how to answer that, but grandma Payne did, as she rolled her wheelchair forward.

"It's just a party where you eat and dance. We could always do that at our house."

Andrew nodded his head in agreement even though Laura was a bit against that bold statement.