Chapter 33 - Suits and Smiles

Most of the preparations for the upcoming wedding were done, including the venue which had finally gotten a date for its use.

The 19th of June was set for Lauren and Scarlet's wedding day, and no one was more excited than Laura Payne. The woman had been active all through out the process of going back to the venue to the point where she practically helped both Wanda and Juliet decide on the catering and decorations.

It was surely a big day for all of them, and not just for the two brides-to-be.

But there was one thing that was lacking, and it was Scarlet's suit.

"I can't believe you didn't get yourself a suit!"

"Why don't you go in the middle of the living area and shout from the top of your lungs?!" Scarlet hissed at Stewart as she glared at him. Stewart, realizing how loud he actually was, apologized immediately before speaking again.

"But how come you didn't shop for one? Lauren and mom literally dragged me to buy Lauren's dress."

Scarlet could imagine the two women doing that as she smiled slightly before sighing, "I didn't get the time, okay. Plus, I had to edit a lot of shit on that magazine draft. Clark was ultimately useless at times."

"Hey! I heard my name and the word useless!" Stewart and Scarlet rolled their eyes from the couch as they looked over at Clark laying on the bed Scarlet and Blake were sharing.

"So, what do you want me to do then?" Scarlet smiled widely as she leaned a little closer to Stewart's ear, since she had to keep the mission top secret.

And that mission was surely something Stewart did not like at all.

.............................................

"Stewart, dear, how could you forget to buy a suit? That's so irresponsible of you." Stewart rolled his eyes as he glanced over at Scarlet that was sat on one of the sofas beside her mother, who was busy cutting up onions.

The living area wasn't just some place to cut up onions, but no one had the heart to tell that to Laura, as they wiped away at their burning eyes. Well, except for Vanessa, of course, since she was practically the devil and even onions could never make her cry.

"I'm sorry, mom, I just didn't remember to buy one."

Carla frowned before she shook her head in disappointment at her son. This was something she could've expected from Scarlet and not from her son. Oh, if only she knew.

"Don't worry though, ma'am, I'll go with him to buy the suit." Scarlet took the right moment to jump into the conversation as she smiled at her almost mother-in-law.

"Oh, how wonderful." Carla's monotone voice was enough to make Juliet chuckle, as Katie just pitied Scarlet.

But staying unfazed, Scarlet came over to place a hand on Stewart's shoulder, keeping up the act of the savior. "I can do that at least for my brother-in-law."

"Don't push it." Stewart mumbled which made Scarlet put her hand away immediately. Carla waved her hand dismissingly as she went back to reading the book she had in her hands.

"Go ahead. I stopped caring seconds ago."

Scarlet frowned at the indifference before she smiled at Stewart. "Great, we can leave right now then."

"Oh, are you going somewhere?" Scarlet and Stewart turned to look at Blake and Clark coming down the stairs, with Greg following them closely behind.

"Oh yeah, we're getting a suit for Stewart."

Clark and Blake glanced at each other before they gave Stewart judgmental looks, which Stewart ignored as he glared at Scarlet.