Chapter 23 - Guilty, Guilty, Guilty

The three families were in the large living area now, as most of them occupied the couches while some of them stood close to them.

"So, we have about 7 bedrooms—" Before Jared could even continue, he was cut off by Grandma Payne

"So, we have about 7 bedrooms—" Before Jared could even continue, he was cut off by Grandma Payne. "Minus 1, no one's going to take that one except for Kevin's wonderful parents." Grandma Payne pointed to the bedroom on the far left as she smirked at the Andersons, who only blushed in response.

Scarlet looked confused as to why it was so since Kevin's parents were always so – what's the word, unfiltered, and here they were staying silent.

"It's a long story, but I'll tell it to you short. Juliet saw those two getting down in that room." Clark chuckled as he whispered in his boss' ear, which made Scarlet frown in disgust. "My poor cousin. She has to burn her eyes now."

"I can hear you two, and I'll just wash them with soap." Juliet whispered from the other side of Clark, as she rolled her eyes. The three were stood behind the sofa where all the kids were sitting. Carla didn't even let Lauren stand beside her fiancé as she made her sit with her on the sofa across from them.

"Can Lauren and I stay in the same room?" Scarlet ended up asking since she wanted to know if there was even a slight chance of her getting to sleep in the same room as Lauren.

"Absolutely not." Carla narrowed her eyes at Scarlet, who just shrugged her shoulders with a sigh. "I tried."

"Honey, why don't all the kids stay in one room?" Laura spoke to Andrew as she glanced over at the two Eds, Angela and Gregory. The twins didn't even bother fighting their aunt as they angrily crossed their arms and leaned back into the sofa. Angela was annoyed by the fact that she was being bunched up with the real children, but she was happy that she could still be with Greg.

"Oh yeah, that's a good idea." Juliet replied happily as she nodded her head towards her aunt. Laura sighed as she looked at the red-head, "I meant you all as well."

"Woman say what now?" Blake chimed in as he frowned towards Laura.

Scarlet could only roll her eyes since she had an idea that this was gonna happen again. She was always getting grouped up with all of her younger cousins even when she had grown older. Even Vanessa could get a room all to herself. And Scarlet would still be the one sleeping on the floor in a shared room.

Life was so cruel to her.

"There's seven rooms, dear. You know how three of the rooms will be for your parents and us." Laura paused to gesture towards the Payne adults. "Your grandmother would be staying with Carla and Lauren. Vanessa and Kevin need a room to themselves since they need privacy."

Blake, Juliet, Scarlet, Clark and even Stewart rolled their eyes as they heard the last sentence from Laura. Katie could only be satisfied with what she was being given, so she was ready to sleep on the floor even when they were here for a mini-vacation.