Chapter 6 - Mother

Song used:  Three Million Years by Amber Liu

"What?!"

"Yes, ma'am, we are certain that Ms. Lauren is getting married." The man bowed his head while speaking to the woman sat on the sofa reading a book.

She frowned up at him, before closing her book with a sound. "And she didn't even entertain the idea of informing me about this?"

The man gulped before he looked up at his boss. "It is possible that Ms. Lauren forgot to—" Before he could finish his sentence, a book came flying towards him, which he dodged nearly.

"She never forgets to tell me the important things. Either she deems her marriage unimportant, or she sees me as unimportant."

The guy breathed deeply as his heart pounded in his chest. He was so close to being blinded by a book.

"Get the maids to pack my bags, I'm going to go visit my daughter." The woman stood up from the sofa before grabbing her purse from the side table. The large windows of the library were doing a marvelous job at highlighting her beauty which was still present at the age of fifty-four.

"S-She's n-not in N-New York." The now scared man informed as he gave the woman a nervous look. "She's in a town in N-North Carolina."

"And what the hell is she doing there?" The woman began to get interested as to why her daughter would go to a small town in North Carolina. There wasn't anything wrong with the place, it was just that she was now a top-notch model, and everyone wanted her to star in their magazines, or fashion shows. And famous people never did get privacy.

So, why was she all the way in North Carolina and not in New York? It was a mystery.

The butler was about to answer her question when she cut him off, "Never mind the questions, just get me a plane to the town where she's staying and go tell the maids to pack my damn bags!"

He was out even before she could yell at him about how slow he was.

The woman turned around to look outside of the large window as she frowned.

Mrs. Carla Grayson still didn't know why her daughter would hide such a huge fact of her life from her. It was definitely not how she wanted her wedding to be like.

If the mother remembered anything, it was how Lauren had always gushed about a large wedding with everyone present, and the way her prince charming would stand at the altar waiting for her while her father would walk her down the aisle.

Sadly, her father wouldn't be able to do that even if he wanted now, but that didn't stop her mother from telling her how she'd do it if she had to.

Lauren would always become happy after knowing that, and not to forget how Stewart always made her happy with the things he promised her.

Did time really change people? Carla Grayson didn't know.

But, she would soon find out.

..................................................................................

"Juliet!" Out of everyone that was around when uncle Tyler and aunt Judith came with their children, Stewart was the only one that ran up to Juliet to give her a huge hug.

This brought him a fist to the gut, before Juliet moved on to hug the people she was actually happy to see, like Lauren, Scarlet and Blake; while Stewart kept hugging his abdomen while smiling in pain.