Chapter 36 - At Scarlet's Wedding (Part 2)

The Graysons were the first ones to arrive at the venue, since they had to leave Lauren in the bride's room to get ready. They just needed the maid of honor and the bridesmaids to also be there.

"I can't believe none of them are here yet." Carla grumbled as she walked inside the chapel and approved of the nice old place. "Well, at least, they did a great job at deciding the venue."

Lauren nodded as she looked at the chandelier that was hung just above the altar. She smiled as soon as she remembered what Scarlet had said to her on the phone call, and as she looked at the altar, she could easily picture a smiling Scarlet waiting on the red velvet carpeted steps, waiting for her to arrive.

"Oh, you must be the bride, I presume." Stewart and Carla's attention were diverted to the young venue manager, who smiled at the three. "Hi, I'm Leila, I'm the venue manager of this beautiful establishment."

"I'm Carla Grayson, and this my son and daughter, Stewart and Lauren." Stewart simply smiled at the woman while Lauren altogether ignored her presence because of how lost she was in her thoughts.

"Lauren." Carla grabbed a hold of her daughter's arm, who snapped out of her imagination to look at her mother. "Yes?"

"Meet Leila, she's the venue manager." Lauren smiled brightly at the woman before holding out a hand for her to shake. "I'm Lauren."

Leila's eyes squinted at the woman as she tilted her head in confusion, "It feels like I know you from somewhere." Lauren frowned before she shook her head. "Um, I don't think so."

Leila frowned as well before she shook her head to forget about it.

"I'll show you to the bride's room, and you can wait there for a while until Vanessa arrives. She was here earlier to check on the preparations."

Carla nodded as she sighed in relief that at least someone from the Paynes was there

Now what she wanted to know next was when the others were gonna arrive.

..................................................

"Where are my goddamn shoes?!" Blake and Clark sat all ready to go to the venue as they just listened to the chaos around them.

The older Payne members were all like headless chicken as they ran around the house looking for things that were already in their rooms.

And while the older ones were like that, Scarlet was busy hurling out her guts in the bathroom because she had seen a cockroach on her suit cover, which she actually hadn't. It was just a pudding stain Blake was responsible for.

"Come on, Scarlet, stop puking. I need to go to Lauren before Ms. C starts calling me like crazy." Juliet knew that she was already late, but she didn't want to be even more late.

Scarlet sat down next to the toilet bowl as she grabbed on to her stomach. "Ugh, I've never been so afraid of bugs."

Juliet rolled her eyes as she sensed some type of nervousness from her cousin. This was definitely going to take a while. "I mean, Lauren was the one afraid, I just didn't find them scary until they flapped onto my face or ay other body part."