Chapter 28 - Where's Scarlet?

Lauren sighed as she climbed up the steps to the first floor of the cabin. She didn't know if she was right in asking Scarlet for some time or not, but she did know that Scarlet had done something wrong.

This wasn't just about her lying to Blake now, this was also about how Scarlet didn't tell Lauren about her and Katie being in contact with each other.

Lauren didn't care if they were only friends or not. She only knew that Scarlet didn't trust her enough to tell her this little bit of information, and that was what convinced her to say whatever she had said outside to Scarlet.

Walking into the living area, Lauren noticed two things.

One was how everyone – and I mean everyone – was sitting in the living area. And the second was that they were being really unconvincing as they fiddled around with anything that they could find.

Blake, only managing to be near the window, was playing with the drapes.

Lauren sighed, not being in the mood to call out those pesky eavesdroppers, went straight to her room.

Just as she was inside the room and had closed the room door, everyone sprang up into life and muttered to each other.

"What do we do now? This wedding might not happen as soon as we had wanted it to." Laura sighed in mild sadness since she was the one looking most forward to her youngest daughter's marriage.

"I've been wanting them to marry ever since they ran away together in the middle of Vanessa and Kevin's reception party." Juliet piped up, and got a look of disbelief from Vanessa.

"They did what?!"

"Honey, let it go. They looked very happy leaving the hall though." Kevin tried to soothe his wife, but became her target instead. "You saw them?!"

"Oh, hell, here we go again." Ed and Ed rolled their eyes as Kevin tried to calm his angry wife, who was overexaggerating but come on, half of it was because she was a pregnant woman that had been betrayed.

"Scarlet hasn't come back yet, right?" Katie asked up as she looked over at the stairs that connected the ground floor garage and the first floor together.

Clark and Stewart immediately went to go check on the mentioned woman as they went to the window.

Scarlet was still stood outside of the cabin, at the same spot Lauren had left her in. She looked almost lost as she kept looking down at the ground, probably wondering what to do.

"Oh, my poor baby." Laura spoke up from behind the two men, who were looking at the dark-haired woman outside.

"We need to do something." Juliet announced as she got almost everyone's attention on her. Carla shook her head with her arms folded in front of her chest. "My daughter said to postpone the wedding, so we're going to postpone it."

"I'm sorry, Sharla, but can you please stop talking for once?" Grandma Payne looked serious this time as she looked around at everyone now. Carla had wanted to protest but since this was the first time, she had seen the old woman so serious, she let it go.

"Blake, just forgive your cousin." Blake opened his mouth to say something to his grandmother but stopped when the old woman continued, "She already said she's sorry, and what else do you want now? Lauren already said all that to her. My poor grandchild must be so sad right now."

Juliet glanced over at Blake, who sighed before nodding his head in agreement. Katie looked over at the man, agreeing with herself now about how she was right that Scarlet and Blake would just end their little feud soon.