Chapter 37 - At Scarlet's Wedding (Part 3)

"Okay, so don't freak out." Juliet spoke up as she looked at her uncle and aunt separately.

Jared and Wanda didn't take much time before freaking out, after what Juliet told them. "I said, don't freak out!"

"What do you mean the priest cancelled!?"

Juliet rolled her eyes as she looked at her aunt and uncle. "I mean, the priest cancelled. We just got a call that he came down with the worse case of the flu."

Jared rolled his eyes at the stupid sickness. "That liar, I'm sure he just didn't want to marry my wonderful niece."

And Juliet rolled her eyes again, as she spoke up, "Or he really did get the flu."

"Now, what are we going to do?" Wanda spoke in a worried tone as she glanced from Jared to Juliet. "Leila!" Juliet yelled out as she found the venue manager at the altar. Leila flinched at her name being called so loudly before she came over to the place where the three Payne members stood.

"Yeah?"

"We need a priest."

Leila frowned as she looked at her clipboard. "I thought Mr. Cleric was going to be the priest."

Juliet frowned before she sighed. "He cancelled on us right now, said he had the flu." Leila frowned before she took out her phone from her jacket pocket. "I could get one to come here on short notice." Juliet smiled at the woman before nodding her head.

"Thank you, Leila." The woman just smiled as she excused herself before going to a secluded area to talk on the phone.

"Look who's here?" Jared smiled as he saw the rest of the people missing from the venue arriving with smiles on their faces.

Juliet turned to look at how dashing Scarlet looked in the suit as she smiled at her cousin.

"Are the Andersons here yet?" Andrew asked up as soon as he rolled grandma Payne over to Jared.

"Kevin's gone to get them, since they couldn't understand the address."

Andrew rolled his eyes as he looked behind Jared, at the interior of the chapel. "This looks pretty nice." Wanda and Jared nodded their heads as Juliet excused herself to go back to Lauren, probably to tell her that Scarlet had arrived.

"Okay, so as your bridesmaids, we'll have to beside you at all times, right?" Scarlet shook her head in annoyance before nodding her head. "Also, catch the bouquet after they get married." Clark chimed in as he looked at Blake.

Scarlet didn't know how they'd react when they'd find out how she made Kevin and Stewart her best men, and not them, but for now she just tried to tolerate their ambitious desires to be the best bridesmaids.

"Oh, wow, you look amazing, you must be the other bride." Leila came out of nowhere as she smiled widely at Scarlet, who did not expect someone to come up to her so suddenly.

But before Scarlet could affirm Leila's assumption, Clark cut in with a sly smile. "Hi, I'm Clark, one of the bridesmaids."

Leila's smile dropped slightly as she nodded her head before looking back at Scarlet. "Uh, don't mind him. And yes, I'm the other bride; I'm Scarlet, and you are?"

Leila shook Scarlet's outstretched hand before smiling at her, "I'm the venue manager. I'm also going to guide you to the altar so you can wait there with your – uh..."

Blake understood who Leila was trying to refer to as she moved her hand as a signal towards Blake and Clark. "Bridesmaids."

"Yes, with your bridesmaids until the priest arrives."