Chapter 14 - The Over-Dramatic Fiancé

Song Used: Cheat Codes and Little Mix - Only You 

"Now that everyone's gathered here—"

"Lauren isn't here." Scarlet chimed in, interrupting her own mother along the way, as she raised an arm of protest.

"Yes, we can see that. That's why I'm here in her place." Carla mentioned as she rolled her eyes at the over-dramatic fiancé of her daughter's. If it weren't for the immense love that Lauren had for Scarlet, Carla would've been sure to take her daughter far away from Scarlet as possible.

She thought that the said girl wasn't as amazing as Lauren made her out to be.

Pouting helplessly, Scarlet slumped her shoulders before leaning back on the sofa she was sitting on. The grown ups occupied the other sofas which were placed in the living room. Grandma Payne occupied her wheelchair, playing with the wheel of her chair now and then out of boredom, while the kids were all scattered on the living room carpet. That was also how Scarlet's cousins as well as Clark and Katie were sat.

"So, as I was saying – we all decided on a venue which is just amazing. It isn't as far as we wanted it to be, but it's just out of town, which means only a quarter hour drive." Laura spoke while Judith nodded from beside her.

"It's also not a church, it's some kind of a pavilion, that's what the young man there kept calling it."

"Boring." Blake whined as he placed a palm over his yawning mouth. Juliet gave him a sharp elbow into his side, which made him groan and straighten up. He gave her a glare in return, but the woman really didn't mind since her cousin had shut up.

Laura gave Blake a once over before she turned to her husband, who also looked quite bored by the topic they were discussing.

"O-kay, so how do we plan Scarlet's bachelorette party?" It was as if the whole living room had come alive, just as Laura spoke up. Juliet raised her hand excitedly as she bounced in her place, while Grandma Payne smiled widely, wanting to feel alive again.

"We also have to plan Lauren's bachelorette party too." Carla chimed in which made Juliet bounce even more, to the extent that Blake had to keep her down. "Down, girl, down." He chuckled which made Scarlet laugh as well as she looked at her cousins.

"I'll plan both!" Juliet exclaimed after she was done glaring at Blake.

Carla and Laura, both turned to look at Juliet as she smiled widely at them. "I'll do the planning for both of their parties!"

Grandma Payne nodded her head as she spoke up, "Yes, Juliet would be the perfect person to arrange the parties." Laura raised an eyebrow at her mother-in-law as she remembered what had happened last time.

"No strippers allowed! We don't want a repeat of last time." Scarlet agreed with her mother, as the older woman ordered Juliet, who pouted in protest.

"Aww, but that's the best part." Grandma Payne whined. Carla gave the old woman a surprised look. She began to wonder what had happened last time and why was the old woman so excited about a bachelorette party at that too.

Surely, she was beginning to understand why her son had told her that the Payne family was crazy.

"Can we also help Jules with the party?" Edward or Edmund spoke up with their hands raised, which brought all of the attention on them. The grown-ups looked petrified as the twins glanced from their mother to Juliet, not even minding the stares of practically everyone in the living room.