Chapter 25 - A Push

"You just can't do that!" Scarlet whined as she made sure to stomp her foot as well, for emphasize. Her father would always turn back on his decisions when her older sister did that, so maybe he'd do the same for Scarlet.

"I can. Come on, it'll be good bonding time." Andrew insisted as he looked at Scarlet. Only Vanessa possessed the ability to change his mind with that old trick.

Clark and Stewart watched from afar as Scarlet still tried to persuade her father. It was futile but she couldn't just give up. This was about her dignity now. She refused to agree.

"You can just drag her all the way to that lake." Juliet proposed as she took a sip of her coffee. Lauren smacked the red-head's arm, who didn't even feel a thing. 

Andrew looked over at Juliet with a stern look before he stared at his youngest daughter. "Look, honey, you'll get more time with your old man, don't you want that?"

And now, Scarlet was being emotionally blackmailed.

"I would've said no already if I were in your place. This just proves you're weak-willed." Vanessa commented as she looked at the scene from the sofa. Kevin chuckled from beside his wife. Baby Samantha unknowingly nodded her head from her father's lap.

Scarlet made sure to send separate glares to Kevin and Vanessa, before she turned to her father again.

"Can't we just bond over something not related to lots of water and smelly fish?" Andrew raised an eyebrow.

Jared and Tyler descended the stairs and saw their niece and brother talking. "So, when are we going fishing, fellas?!" Clark and the twins enjoyed every moment of Scarlet's struggle as the woman just passed by Andrew and walked up the stairs angrily.

To say that Jared and Tyler weren't afraid would be an understatement, because they looked terrified as they watched their niece walk up the steps towards them. Scarlet glared at them before she passed them as well and went straight to the room she was sharing with her cousins, Clark and Katie.

"Too soon?" Jared shrugged after the two of them reached Andrew.

"What do you think?" Andrew sighed.

"I don't know why she doesn't want to go fishing; they all seem perfectly fine with it." Tyler pointed to Clark, Stewart and the twins, who just smiled at the three older men.

"It's because we like the water, Scar doesn't." Edward spoke up as Edmund agreed. Clark gave them a surprised look before he voiced out his thoughts, "How can she not like water, that's the most wonderful thing ever."

"Maybe because I tried to drown her in the tub when we were younger." All attention fell on Vanessa, who had taken baby Samantha off of her husband's lap, who was also staring at his wife with shock.

"It was a good thing Laura found them before something happened." Andrew chimed in as he gave his daughter a sharp look.

Vanessa didn't even care as she shrugged her shoulders in indifference. "Should I be scared for our daughter?" Kevin asked the million-dollar question as he glanced at their daughter before staring at his wife.

"As long as she does what I say, she'll be fine."

"Oh my god, I married a monster." Kevin spoke up as he took back Samantha from Vanessa's hands. "It's probably just her hormones talking." Juliet waved her hand dismissively as she looked at Vanessa, who nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, I wouldn't try to do that to my daughter, I love her."

"So, you're saying you didn't love Scarlet?" Clark raised a questioning eyebrow as the older Payne men just watched silently.